Wyndham City Youth Services is committed to supporting and promoting the ingenuity and accomplishments of young people across the municipality.
Each month Council will select a Wyndham resident aged between 12 – 25 to be awarded the ‘young person of the month’.
The award aims to build the profile of young people who are positively contributing to the Wyndham community and thank them for their dedication. The selected monthly candidate will be a positive role model to other young people in the community who may have similar aspirations and goals.
What the award entails
Winners of the One Wyndham Young Person of the Month will receive:
- A $200 gift voucher of their choice, for materials that will help with their education, work or voluntary commitments
- A certificate, which they can reference in their CV and job applications
- A professional video showcasing their accomplishments, to be published on Council’s social media accounts and in Council centres
- A profile article in the Council magazine, Wyndham News, and on the One Wyndham webpage
- An advert in the Star Weekly newspaper, highlighting their achievements
- The opportunity to take part in youth-led podcast, to discuss their passions.
Applications for the July, August and September One Wyndham Young Person of the Month Award are open from 18 May 2020 – 15 June 2020.
All applications must be completed by the nominee themselves, so if you know of a young person who is deserving of this award, please encourage them to fill out the form below by the due date.
For further information please contact Youth Services at 8734 1355 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.