Find out more:
- Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm
- Saturday: 8:30am to 4pm
- Sunday: 8:30am to 4pm
- Closed: Good Friday, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day
- Transfer station will also be closed on hot days when the temperature reaches 38 degrees.
- Monday to Friday: 4am to 4pm
- Saturday: 6am to 4pm
- Sunday: 8am to 4pm
- Closed: Good Friday and Christmas Day
Waste Disposal Vouchers/Tip Tokens
Waste Disposal Vouchers/Tip Tokens
Residents have the option to exchange your waste disposal voucher/tip token for an additional hard and green waste collection.
Submit your request to exchange via Waste Disposal Voucher/Tip Token Exchange form.
Alternatively residents have the option to exchange a hard and green waste collection entitlement for a waste disposal voucher/tip token. Contact the Customer Service Team to learn more: 1300 023 411.
Bulk waste to Landfill – charged by weight
Mixed Waste – commercial and industrial, construction and demolition, solid inert waste
$266 per tonne
Minimum charge / flat fee of $266 for waste under a tonne
Mixed & Green Waste
Ute Water Level
Trailer Single Axle Water Level
Trailer Single Axle Heaped
Trailer Tandem Water Level
Trailer Tandem Heaped
$235.00 per Tonne
Other Waste Items - charged as each units
Gas cylinder domestic up to 9kg
Gas cylinder domestic 9kg to 45kg
Gas cylinder helium 9kg
Tyre 4WD/light truck
Brick / Rubble/Concrete/Clean Fill
Separated Recyclable Items – Free of Charge
E-waste - TV’s, printers, computers, ipads
- The facility is not licensed to accept ASBESTOS OR LIQUID WASTE (chemicals etc.)
- Polystyrene drop off will incur a fee.
- We do not accept Credit Card payments over the phone
PLEASE NOTE: TRUCKS WITHOUT AN ACCOUNT MUST LEAVE A DEPOSIT OF UP TO $700.00 CASH OR CREDIT CARD (WHICH WILL BE REFUNDED) of charge.
The tip fees are made up of three parts: council charges, the state government’s compulsory waste levy and GST.
The council charge covers the costs to operate the facility, including labour, materials, equipment and fuel and processing costs.
The waste levy is set by the state government in the environment protection act, which council must collect from customers to pay the state government. The waste levy in 2021/22 is $105.90 per tonne of waste received. The levy will increase a further $20 to $135.90 per tonne on 1 July 2022. The Waste levy is intended to encourage waste generators to look for ways to reduce the amount of waste they generate and send to landfill and help reduce waste.
Find out more by visiting the EPA website.
Recycling at the Tip
Residents are encouraged to recycle as much of their bulk waste at the Waste & Recycling Transfer Station to avoid it being sent to landfill. All items must be separated and placed into the appropriate bins in order to be recycled.
The transfer station is located after the weighbridge at the Tip.
The following items are accepted for recycling free of charge:
- Motor oil (up to 30 litres)
- Light globes and tubes (Household quantities)
- Mobile phones
- Electrical Waste – all items with a plug, e.g. white goods, televisions, small appliances, computers and accessories
- Hard plastics - Types 1-5
- Paint up to 100 litres per visit in containers / cans of up to 20 litres
- Glass bottles, jars and steel or aluminium cans
- Steel - except old car bodies
Chemicals such as petrol, thinners and acetone can not be disposed of at the Transfer Station. Please visit www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/detoxyourhome for safe disposal options near you.
The following incur a fee to be recycled:
- Gas cylinders
- Old car bodies
- Car tyres
- Green Waste
Hard and Green Waste Collection
Wyndham City offers most Wyndham households three free hard and green waste collection services each financial year.