Maternal and Child Health Services offer free professional nursing support and advice for parents of children from birth to school age.
- Consultation and support for families with parenting issues
- Regular health and development checks for your child
- Groups for first time parents
- Referrals to other professionals
- Information about community and family support services
Key Age and Stage Visits
- Home Visit
- 2 weeks
- 4 weeks
- 8 weeks
- 4 months
- 8 months
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3.5 years
Additional centre or home visits are given to families with particular needs.
How to make a booking
- Phone on 9742 8148
- the online registration form to book your child’s:
Enhanced Maternal & Child Health Service
This outreach service is for eligible families who are experiencing early parenting difficulties and are in need of additional support. Referrals for the enhanced service are made by your Maternal and Child Health Nurse.
First Time Parents Group
If you are a first time parent with a baby aged about 2-4 months old you are invited to join one of our groups where you can meet other new parents in your area.
Maternal & Child Health Drop In Centre
The Maternal & Child Health Drop-In Sessions will reopen on Friday 10 February 2017.
Drop-In Sessions are available to have your child’s health and development assessed by a Maternal & Child Health Nurse – No Appointment Necessary. The Centres offer a health & development check for children aged from birth to 5 years of age.
- Arndell Park, 29-49 Federation Boulevard, Truganina (Opening Hours: Fridays, 1pm – 3pm)
- Sr Rita Douglas, 42 Vincent Crescent, Werribee (Opening Hours: Tuesdays, 10.30am – 12.30pm)
- Closed on public holidays
For further information contact to your Maternal & Child Health Nurse or contact Bookings on 9742 8148 or email email@example.com. You can contact our 24 Hour Maternal & Child Health Nurse Service phone 13 22 29.