In-person Maternal and Child Health consultations are back!
Consultations are recommencing at all Wyndham facilities.
All consultations will be conducted in a COVID-safe way, with the appropriate measures in place to protect staff and families.
Maternal and Child Health is all about optimising child and family health, wellbeing, safety, learning and development.
Those who would prefer to continue accessing services over the phone or over video are free to do so, with virtual consultations continuing.
To book an appointment phone 9742 8148 between 8am and 4.30pm or email MCH.Appointments@wyndham.vic.gov.au
In the meantime, phone the free 24 hour Maternal and Child Health hotline at 13 22 29.
The MCH app is free and easy to use, more information at: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/campaigns/maternal-and-child-health-app
Make or Change a Booking
- call 9742 8148 (between 8am and 4.30pm)
- email MCH.Appointments@wyndham.vic.gov.au
For additional information or support contact:
- If immediate danger call 000
- MCH 24hr Phone line 13 22 29
- Parent line (help with child behaviour) 132289
- Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) Counselling Line 1800 686 268
- COVID 19 hotline 1800 675 398
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Multilingual Resource Library
- Raising Children website
- PANDA (anxiety and depression help) 1300 726 306
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- Family violence 1800 7377328 (1800 RESPECT)
- Safe Steps 1800 015 188 (immediate assistance with family violence)
- Mental Health Triage 1300 657 259
- Suicide call back 1300 659 467
What should I do if I do not feel well?
If you suspect that you or a family member has COVID-19 you should call (not visit) your GP or ring the national COVID-19 Information Hotline on 1800 020 080.
For the most current information, resources and advice please visit The Department of Health and Human Services website, https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Maternal and Child Health Services offer free professional nursing support and advice for parents of children from birth to school age.
- Consultation and support for families with parenting issues
- Regular health and development checks for your child
- Groups for first time parents
- Referrals to other professionals
- Information about community and family support services
Key Age and Stage Visits
- Home Visit
- 2 weeks
- 4 weeks
- 8 weeks
- 4 months
- 8 months
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3.5 years
Additional centre or home visits are given to families with particular needs.
How to make a booking
- Phone on 9742 8148
- the online registration form to book your child’s:
Enhanced Maternal & Child Health Service
This outreach service is for eligible families who are experiencing early parenting difficulties and are in need of additional support. Referrals for the enhanced service are made by your Maternal and Child Health Nurse.
First Time Parents Group
If you are a first time parent with a baby aged about 2-4 months old you are invited to join one of our groups where you can meet other new parents in your area.
For further information contact to your Maternal & Child Health Nurse or contact Bookings on 9742 8148 or email email@example.com. You can contact our 24 Hour Maternal & Child Health Nurse Service phone 13 22 29.