As of 1 July 2016 a permit system will come into effect for personal trainers and group fitness providers using Council open space.
Fitness Providers can apply for one of the following:
- Personal Training/Group Training (1 to 10 participants): $123 per annum
- Group Training (11 to 20 participants): $246 per annum
*Partial year permits are available at pro rata rate
Permit holders can use any of a number of suitable locations that are listed in the policy,
The Policy aims:
- To maintain a safe environment for all park users, ensuring local access to open spaces for the whole community, and maintain a ‘good neighbour’ relationship with surrounding residents and other users of the facilities
- To ensure that venues used for these activities are only those that have been assessed as appropriate for the activity
- To ensure all Commercial Fitness Providers using Wyndham City's open space have current and appropriate public liability insurance
- To provide the necessary consent from Council for Commercial Fitness Providers to operate their activities on Council owned or managed land as per their insurance requirements
Wyndham City encourages all members of the community to use open space to participate in a diverse range of sport, recreation and leisure pursuits. Commercial Fitness Providers (including personal trainers and group fitness trainers) perform an important function in our community.
They encourage physical activity, weight management and a healthy lifestyle. They also inherently help promote the use and enjoyment of Wyndham City's open spaces.
Should you have any questions before then, please feel free to contact James Robortella, Inclusion & Participation Officer at email@example.com or 9742 0777.