Wyndham City is keen to receive expressions of interest from local businesses interested in becoming voluntary training providers.
Expressions of interest for a business training topic of your choice will be considered.
There are a number of benefits for service providers in voluntarily providing their time and delivering a training session. These include;
- Acknowledgement and promotion as the training provider by Wyndham City Council
- Opportunity to promote their business and business capabilities at the end of the training session (maximum 5 minutes)
- Opportunity to display flyers and business cards during the session
- A summary of evaluation feedback (de-identified) by Wyndham City Council will be provided to the training provider.
How to Submit an Expression of Interest
- Read the Application Guidelines below
- Submit an Expression of Interest
Applications will remain open.
Each year Wyndham City provides business training and events for the local business community.
Almost all events are free and are usually held in the function rooms at Council’s Civic Centre, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee though the Council reserves the right to hold these events at other locations within the municipality.
Wyndham City’s Obligations
Wyndham City will:
- Promote the training session using Wyndham City branding with the successful provider acknowledged as session presenter
- Provide the venue
- Provide IT and audio visual support
- Provide light refreshments for training session participants
- Print notes/workbooks associated with the session up to a maximum of 5 pages per participant (negotiable)
- Email participants with the training provider’s PowerPoint presentation (subject to the training provider’s agreement) after the training session
- Provide evaluation feedback to the service provider (de-identified)
Structure and Set Up of Training Session
Training sessions are usually between 90 minutes to 2 hours long. A shorter timeframe will be considered by Wyndham City Council at the request of the Applicant.
Wyndham City will manage the registrations of applicants as they arrive.
At the beginning of the training session, Wyndham City will introduce the training provider.
A 5 to 15 minutes break will be held half-way through the session for light refreshments and to provide participants with the opportunity to network.
Wyndham City will conclude the session and collect the completed evaluation forms from the participants.
The room’s set up will be determined after a discussion with the training provider and dependant on the actual venue.
Wyndham City will provide the IT and audiovisual equipment.
Applications will be considered by Wyndham City’s Voluntary Business Training Evaluation Panel for assessment.
Individual interviews may be held with short-listed applicants to assist in finalising the business training calendar. Wyndham City Council’s decision will be final and no applications for appeal will be considered. Wyndham City anticipates advising all applicants of the outcome of the assessment process within due course.
Applicants should also be aware that;
- Wyndham City is not bound to accept any Expression of Interest
- Applicants are responsible for informing Wyndham City of any change in the status or circumstances of their application between lodgement and assessment
- Due to possible COVID-19 restrictions there might be the possibility that such training might need to delivered in an online virtual format.
Confidentiality and Privacy
All submissions will be treated as strictly confidential between the Council and the Applicant. In accordance with privacy legislation, training providers will not be provided with a list of training session participants. However, during the session, participants may choose to voluntarily provide personal information to the training provider.