Wyndham City's Economic Growth Unit is committed to assisting businesses seeking to invest. Our team specialises in investment faciitation and offers free confidential advice that will assist you make an informed choice. You can read more about Wyndham Your Business Destination.
For a number of years, Wyndham City has been experiencing annual changes in economic growth significantly greater than Victoria’s Gross State Product and Australia’s Gross Domestic Product. With this growth comes opportunity.
Our city offers much to astute investors and entrepreneurs seeking to develop new business activity or expand their existing operations. With one of Australia’s most significant industrial precincts Laverton North/Truganina together with one of the largest commercial greenfield sites in Melbourne at East Werribee, Wyndham City is a business and investment destination representing unparalleled opportunity.
Strategic Advantages of investing in Wyndham
The advantages of investing in Wyndham are:
- Strategically located midway between the Melbourne CBD and the City of Greater Geelong
- Immediate access to the Princes Freeway and Western Metropolitan Ring Road
- Direct connection to Melbourne and Avalon Airports
- Twenty minutes to the West Gate Bridge and the Port of Melbourne
- Regional Rail Link providing efficient movement of freight between Melbourne, Wyndham and western Victoria
- Established commercial and industrial sectors
- Major business hubs
- Strong economic growth
- Young skilled workforce
- Visitor destination
- Access to education
- Where city meets country and coast
Economy.id and Remplan provide economic data and analysis. They combine different datasets to build a cohesive story of a local economy, how it is changing and how it compares to other areas.
If you require more detailed economic and modelling resources, you can contact Wyndham City’s Economic Development Unit on 9742 0788 or email@example.com.
Wyndham City is a business and investment destination representing unparalleled opportunity with one of Australia’s most significant industrial precincts at Laverton North/Truganina together with one of the largest commercial greenfield sites in Melbourne at East Werribee.
Werribee City Centre
The Werribee City Centre is a key focal point for Melbourne’s west. More than 400 businesses provide a wide range of retail and commercial services integrated with cultural and dining experiences.
With a premium train station and bus interchange, Werribee is well suited to meet the public transport needs of the community. There are plans in place for major expansion and densification in the city centre with a vision of growth embracing the picturesque Werribee River.
East Werribee is a mixed-use precinct that aims to create opportunities for approximately 60,000 jobs. The East Werribee Town Centre’s position overlooking the lake, waterways and parkland will be an attractive space for quality business and investment.
Laverton North Industrial Precinct
The industrial zoning provisions at Laverton North allow for flexibility and provide a significant opportunity for most manufacturing and industrial operations. Comprising in excess of 1,500 hectares, significant parcels of Greenfield and redevelopment sites are available for the astute investor.
Truganina Employment Precinct
Comprising 650 hectares of Greenfield development land, the Truganina Employment Precinct is located immediately west and sout-west of Laverton North.
A broad range of industrial land uses can be accommodated, with a large proportion of the estate provding for manufacturing, logistics and general industrial use
The Werribee Park Tourism precinct is one of Melbourne's most frequented visitor destinations attracting more than 1.3 million visitors a year to the world-class Werribee Open Range Zoo, Werribee Mansion, National Equestrian Centre, Victorian State Rose Garden and Point Cook Coastal Park and Marine Sanctuary and much more.
Major events including music concerts, food and cultural festivals and sports competitions regularly attract large crowds of new visitors to the region.
In 2015, an Economic Contribution Study of the Werribee Park Tourism Precinct also found that more than 1.1 million people visit the area every year.
Undertaken by EY (formerly Ernst & Young) the study was commissioned by the Werribee Park Precinct Partners in collaboration with Wyndham City, regional tourism organisations and industry.
Retail and Commercial Precincts
Our major retail and commercial Precincts are:
- Williams Landing offers a contemporary master planned urban environment combining open spaces of parks and gardens with a diversity of quality housing. Williams Landing has a 50 hectare Town Centre, new train station and access to the Princess Freeway.
- Pacific Werribee is creating an iconic fashion, food and entertainment destination that will be the most comprehensive retail offer in Melbourne’s western growth corridor.
- Sanctuary Lakes Shopping Centre is conveniently located on the corner of Point Cook Road and Jameson Way Point Cook. This is a local shopping centre where you can shop, grab a coffee, or a bite to eat during your visit.
- Point Cook Town Centre is a vibrant shopping centre offering all the major brands, interesting speciality shops, banks and supermarkets and much more all in one location.