EY Eco Buy
EY ECO-Buy supports organisations to improve their purchasing of recycled, greenhouse friendly and environmentally preferred products. Wyndham City has been a member of the EY ECO-Buy program since 2000.
Metropolitan Waste Management Group
Wyndham City works with the Metropolitan Waste Management Group (MWMG) to reduce waste generation and maximise the sustainable recovery of materials from waste for reuse, recycling and reprocessing. The MWMG network’s efforts are geared towards minimising the damage to the environment caused by waste disposal.
Waste Wise is a practical, step-by-step program aimed at helping Victorian organisations minimise waste and maximise the efficient use of resources in their day-to-day activities. Wyndham City has achieved bronze certification and is currently working towards silver certification. For more information visit the Sustainability Victoria website.
Wyndham City tracks its greenhouse gas emissions from fuel, gas and electricity usage using the Planet Footprint tracking system.
Green Building Council of Australia
The Green Building Council of Australia mission is to develop a sustainable property industry for Australia and drive the adoption of green building practices through market-based solutions. It operates Australia's only national voluntary comprehensive environmental rating system for buildings - Green Star.
Australian of Bayside Municipalities
Directly representing over one million Victorians, the ten Councils of the ABM are actively managing and maintaining the Port Phillip Bay coast to achieve the highest levels of community benefit by protecting and enhancing the social, economic and environmental values of the bay. For further information visit Australian of Bayside Municipalities.
Local Government Behaviour Change Network
A network for environmental professionals working in Local Government to help them design, deliver and evaluate best practice environmental behaviour change programs for local communities.
Local Government Biodiversity Planning Network
This is a network for environmental professionals who implement biodiversity legislation and policies with the aim of assisting in the protection and enhancement of natural values within their municipality and the State.
Western Alliance for Greenhouse Action (WAGA)
A local government partnership between eight councils in the western region: Cities of Brimbank, Greater Geelong, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melton, Moonee Valley and Wyndham, and the Shire of Moorabool.
Wyndham City values its collaborations with neighbouring councils and local organisations in our work to address climate change impacts, develop more liveable communities and reduce greenhouse gas emissions in the western region. Council’s commitment to participating in these strategic partnerships is set out in the Environment & Sustainability Strategy 2016-2040.
WAGA’s mission –to lead and support collaborative action to decrease greenhouse gas emissions and increase the resilience and adaptive capacity of its communities through partnerships between local communities, government, industry and research bodies in order to create liveable communities now and for the future.
WAGA’s key projects are:
- Low Carbon West – A Strategy for the Transition to Low Carbon Economy in the WAGA Region
- WAGA Climate Change Adaptation Strategy and Action Plan – addressing regional climate change risks and developing a monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework for adaptation performance.
- ‘How Well Are We Adapting?’- a monitoring, evaluation and reporting framework for adaptation performance by councils
- Urban Sustainability Atlas- a trial of an online map that allows users to calculate solar radiation values of individual properties.
- Environmental Upgrades- a project to encourage building owners to undertake significant environmental improvements.
- Lighting the west (a subset of WAGA councils) - a partnership between Wyndham City, Moonee Valley, Maribyrnong and Hobsons Bay to bring sustainable street lighting to the west.
For further information: