To ensure adequate environmental management procedures are followed during construction works, Wyndham City requires all projects in Wyndham to prepare and implement a Site Environmental Management Plan (SEMP). The SEMP must be stamped and approved by Wyndham City Council before works can commence.
Wyndham City has now introduced a SEMP Submission Form which must be completed and submitted along with the SEMP for review.
Additional guidance on preparing and implementing an effective SEMP can be found in the Fact Sheet.
All SEMP applications must be submitted to email@example.com.
For further information, please contact the Coast & Stormwater Planning team, on 1300 023 411.
Important points in the process
- Wyndham City Council requires an SEMP at the following stages of these applications:
- Subdivision – first submission of construction phase
- Road Opening Permit – with the road opening permit application
- Landscaping plans – first submission of landscape plans
- All other construction works that may impact on the environment – prior to finalising the plan of works
- For landscaping and subdivision, the final approval of the SEMP must occur prior to the Council pre-commencement meeting.
- Wyndham City Council aims to respond to SEMP submissions within 10 business days. We cannot guarantee SEMP approval on first submission so please allow adequate time for assessment prior to your intended work commencement date.
- Approved SEMPs must be installed on site at the time of the pre-commencement meeting.
- Implementation of the approved SEMP is required at all times.
- Council undertakes site inspections and SEMP compliance checks in conjunction with the Environment Protection Authority (EPA). If non compliance is identified it may result in directions to comply or enforcement action where required. Council’s site inspection checklist can be found here.
Guidelines, Regulations & Legislation
- Aboriginal Heritage Regulations 2018
- Environment Protection Authority Victoria (1991) Construction Techniques for Sediment Pollution Control, Publication 275
- Melbourne Water Land Development Manual
- Victorian Government (2007) Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Control of Use) Regulations
- Worksafe Victoria (2005) Industry Standard - Contaminated Construction Sites, Construction and Utilities
- Catchment and Land Protection Act 1994
- Wyndham Community Amenity Local Law 2015