Audit & Risk Management Committee
As part of Wyndham City's governance processes Council has established an Audit and Risk Management Committee comprising external independent members, Councillors and Council staff. The Charter can be found here.
The objective of the committee is to provide independent assurance and advice to Council on all matters pertaining to Councils reporting responsibilities, its internal controls and their effectiveness, its risk management framework including business continuity planning and their effectiveness, the audit work of both the internal and external auditors and Councils compliance with legislation and regulations.
Members of Committee
Kathy Alexander, Chair
Dr Kathy Alexander, former South Australian Telstra Businesswoman of the Year, is an experienced board member and chair in public, not-for-profit and private for-profit organisations.
Her recent Board roles included Chair of Administrators of the City of Greater Geelong, Chair of Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network, and member of the Board of Porter Davis Homes. She was also the previous CEO of the Royal Children’s and Royal Women’s hospitals in Victoria and other health services in South Australia and previous CEO of the City of Melbourne.
Kathy has an international reputation for stakeholder management, community engagement and effective public relations in complex and politically sensitive environments. Kathy is skilled in governance, strategic planning, financial management, business development, change management, policy development and advocacy.
Kathy’s professional qualifications include:
- Graduate of the London School of Business Proteus Program
- PHD (Public Health Management) University of Adelaide
- Graduate Diploma (Public Health) University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours Psychology) University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Arts (Ordinary) University of Adelaide
John W. Watson
John Watson draws on more than four decades of experience across Local and State government. A former Executive Director of Local Government Victoria and the Chair of the Victoria Grants Commission since 2012, he oversees nearly $600 million annually in financial assistance grants across Victoria's 79 municipalities. His track record for maintaining high standards for public administration is complimented by his reputation for ethical leadership and stewardship in governance and responsible financial management.
John is the Independent Chair or Member on a number of Audit and Risk Committees including the Municipal Association of Victoria. He is a Director on the Northern Health (Northern Hospital) Board and a Board Director for the Metropolitan Waste and Resources Recovery Group.
Mr Watson’s professional affiliations include:
- Hon. Fellow Local Government Managers Australia
- Hon. Member Municipal Works Officers Association (Victoria)
- Hon. Member Institute of Public Works Engineers in Australia
Jeff is a water industry leader and a public sector executive with a 36 year track record working in the Victorian water industry. He has 14 years of experience in full-time executive director positions as the Managing Director of GWMWater (2007 to 2011), Coliban Water (2012 to 2018) and Western Water (since 2019). Jeff is also a corporate governance professional and for 18 years has served on Boards and in governance roles with a diverse range of organisations in regional Victoria.
His diverse portfolio of part-time positions as a non-executive director (with several terms as entity chair) includes public sector entities for health services, adult education, and waste and resource recovery; not-for-profit National and State industry associations; non-government organisations servicing people with disabilities; and an advisory entity to State and Commonwealth Governments for regional and economic development. He is the Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee for Castlemaine Health and he was for four years the Chair of the Audit Committee for the Grampians Central West & Resource Recovery Group.
Jeff is a chartered engineering executive and chartered secretary, and holds post-graduate qualifications in engineering, business administration, corporate governance and risk management.
Jeff’s professional certifications and qualifications include:
- Fellow, Governance Institute of Australia (FGIA)
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators UK (FCIS)
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD)
- Fellow, Institution of Engineers Australia (FIEAust)
- Advanced Certificate of Risk Management (ACRM)
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporation Governance (GradDipACG)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Engineering Science (MEngSc)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Accredited Gateway Reviewer for High Value/High Risk Public Sector Projects
Cr Josh Gilligan (Mayor)
Cr Peter Maynard
Cr Aaron An
RDF Community Reference Group
The Wests Road Refuse Disposal Facility (RDF) and Waste Management Community Reference Group (CRG) has been established to provide a forum for consultation, provision of advice and information exchange in relation to waste management and resource recovery and the Wests Road Refuse Disposal Facility between Wyndham City, key stakeholders and the community.
Objectives of the CRG
The objectives of the group are to:
- Provide for information exchange between residents, community groups, government agencies, Council and other stakeholders in relation to the RDF and waste management and resource recovery generally
- Facilitate community awareness of the strategic planning, operations, environmental performance and short, medium and long-term development of the RDF
- Foster understanding and cooperation between community members and Council in minimising any impacts of the RDF on the community
- Provide input into Council’s planned community engagement and education activities in relation to the RDF and waste management and resource recovery generally, including recycling and waste diversion
Read the Terms of Reference.
For further information contact Simon Clay, RDF Manager on 9742 0777.
- RDF CRG Meeting 39 - 5 December 2019
- RDF CRG Meeting 38 - 31 October 2019
- RDF CRG Meeting 37 - 21 August 2019
- RDF CRG Meeting 36 - 20 June 2019
- RDF CRG Meeting 35 Notes (Strategic Plan Review Workshop) - 2 May 2019
- RDF CRG Meeting 34 Notes - 28 February 2019
- RDF CRG Meeting 33 - 13 December 2018
- RDF CRG Meeting 32 Notes - 25 October 2018
- RDF CRG Meeting 31 Notes - 30 August 2018
- RDF CRG Meeting 30 Notes - 28 June 2018
- RDF CRG Meeting 29 Notes - 26 April 2018
- RDF CRG Meeting 28 Notes - 22 February 2018
- RDF CRG Meeting 27 Notes - 14 December 2017
- RDF CRG Meeting 26 Notes - 19 October 2017
- RDF CRG Meeting 25 Notes - 31 August 2017
- RDF CRG Meeting 24 Notes - 29 June 2017
- RDF CRG Meeting 23 Notes - 27 April 2017
- RDF CRG Meeting Notes - 16 February 2017
- RDF CRG Meeting Notes - 15 December 2016