Audit & Risk Committee
As part of Wyndham City's governance processes Council has established an Audit and Risk Management Committee comprising external independent members, councillors and council staff.
The objective of the committee is to provide independent assurance and advice to Council on all matters pertaining to Councils reporting responsibilities, its internal controls and their effectiveness, its risk management framework including business continuity planning and their effectiveness, the audit work of both the internal and external auditors and Councils compliance with legislation and regulations.
Members of Committee
- Gaye Mason (Chair of Committee)
- Fellow of CPA Australia (FCPA)
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (FAICD)
- Associate of the Governance Institute of Australia (AGIA)
- Chartered Secretary
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Corporate Governance, Graduate Australian Institute of Company Directors Diploma, Master of Business Administration, Graduate Diploma of Applied Information Systems & Bachelor of Business (Accounting)
- Experienced board, finance and audit & risk committee member in professional services, government and community sector.
- Diverse financial and commercial management experience.
- Danielle Walker
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Qualified CPA
- Held Managment, Financial & Statutory accounting positions
- Significant knowledge in Finance Management & Corporate Governance for large organisations.
- Dr. A. J. (John) Purcell
- Chief Auditor, CPA Australia
- Fellow of CPA Australia (FCPA)
- Doctor of Philosophy, Victoria University; Master of Business Administration, La Trobe University, Graduate Certificate in Fraud Investigation, La Trobe University; Bachelor of Business (Accounting), Swinburne University; Bachelor of Economics, Monash University
- Current Independent Member of Baw Baw; Bayside; Banyule; and South Gippsland Councils’ Audit Committees
- Significant experience in corporate governance, compliance, auditing, management accounting, and risk management
- Extensive involvement in public sector, banking, finance and engineering organisations.
- John Watson
- Chair of the Panel of Administrators at Brimbank City Council and the Victoria Grants Commission
- Independent Chairof Maroondah City Council Audit and Risk Advisory Committee, and Independent Member of Nilluymbik Shire Council Audit Committee
- Former CEO of Buller, Moonee Valley and Hume City Councils
- Former Director of Governance and Legislation Local Government Victoria and Executive Director of Local Government Victoria
- Current Independent Member of Emergency Management Victoria Program Board, Audit and Risk Committee for Member Victoria University and Department of Planning and Community Development
- Significant experience in local and state government administration, strategic management, mentorship and advocacy.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in developing and overseeing Victorian local government financial and reporting obligations, regulations and guideline.
- Mayor Cr Henry Barlow
- Cr Kim McAliney (Deputy Mayor)
- Cr Aaron An (AA)
RDF Community Reference Group
The Wests Road Refuse Disposal Facility (RDF) and Waste Management Community Reference Group (CRG) has been established to provide a forum for consultation, provision of advice and information exchange in relation to waste management and resource recovery and the Wests Road Refuse Disposal Facility between Wyndham City, key stakeholders and the community.
Objectives of the CRG
The objectives of the group are to:
- Provide for information exchange between residents, community groups, government agencies, Council and other stakeholders in relation to the RDF and waste management and resource recovery generally
- Facilitate community awareness of the strategic planning, operations, environmental performance and short, medium and long-term development of the RDF
- Foster understanding and cooperation between community members and Council in minimising any impacts of the RDF on the community
- Provide input into Council’s planned community engagement and education activities in relation to the RDF and waste management and resource recovery generally, including recycling and waste diversion
For further information contact Simon Clay, RDF Manager on 9742 0777.