Rates due dates
Each financial year all property owners will receive a notice advising them of their rate obligations for the current financial year. Rates are payable by instalments and are due as follows each financial year:
Due to COVID, we have extended the period in which residents have to pay their rates.
- 1st Instalment: 31 October
- 2nd Instalment: 31 December
- 3rd Instalment: 28 February
- 4th Instalment: 31 May
Wyndham City provides a variety of payment methods for your convenience including online, direct debit, phone, mail and in person.
About your reference number
- The reference number to use is the Bank Reference Number not the Property Assessment Number shown on your Rates Notice
- Each property has a different Bank Reference Number, so if you are paying rates for multiple properties you will need to pay each one separately using the correct Bank Reference number for each.
You can elect to pay rates and charges by one of the following options:
Wyndham Online Services
Contact your participating Financial Institution to make a payment. You will need the Biller Code Number and Bank Reference Number (not Assessment Number) shown on the front of your rates notice
NOTES RE BPAY:
- There are different BPAY Biller Codes for different payment types so please make sure you use the correct one shown on your Rates notice
- There is a minimum payment amount of $20 for BPAY
Once you have registered with your bank we will also send your bills and statements straight to your bank. To make payment will need the Biller Code Number and the Bank Reference Number (not Assessment Number) shown on the front of your rates notice
Australia Post (Post Billpay)
To pay via Australia Post (Post Billpay) you will need the Billpay Code and Bank Reference Number (not Assessment Number) shown on the front of your rates notice. Credit Cards are also accepted.
Other payment options
You can elect to pay rates and charges by one of the following options using Direct Debit:
- Four instalments – the four dates detailed on your rate notice
- Monthly payments commencing September to June = 10 payments
- Fortnightly payments commencing August to June = 23 payments
Direct debit dates are fixed and amounts are calculated to pay your annual rates and charges over the financial year. Payments can only be deducted from a cheque or savings account only. We cannot process a direct debit from a credit card.
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, Council has been required to delay some critical timelines.
This later timeline has resulted in some changes to the direct debit payment scheduling dates for the 2020/21 financial year.
Fortnightly - 20 scheduled payments
Monthly - 9 scheduled payments.
If you have any queries regarding an existing or new Direct Debit plan, please contact Rating Services Department on (03) 9742-0777.
To apply, please download and complete the Direct Debit Form and return:
You can pay rates and charges via Australia Post (Post Billpay) by phoning 131816.
You will need the Billpay Code and Bank Reference Number shown on the front of your rates notice.
Credit Cards are also accepted.
You can pay rates and charges at:
- One of our Customer Service Centres
- Australia Post outlet
You can use Mastercard and Visa, Eftpos, money order, cheque or cash*.
*Note: We can only accept cash payments at the Civic Centre. We cannot accept cash payments at other Customer Service Centres.
You can pay rates and charges by posting your cheque to:
PO Box 197 Werribee, Victoria 3030.
Please make sure to include details of the property for which the payment is intended.
Digital Rates Notices
For a convenient and sustainable option, you can now request to have rates notices and instalment notices sent to you via email.