We understand that it’s not always possible to pay the rates by the due date. The following options may be of assistance
Please be aware that interest could be charged on rates that are not paid by the due date.
If you are having difficulty paying the rates, please call 1300 023 411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your circumstances and agree to a payment arrangement.
Additional time to pay
If you require additional time to pay the rates, please call 1300 023 411 or email email@example.com to discuss an extension of time. An Extension of time provides additional time to make payment, however during this period, interest may be applied on any overdue balance.
If you are unable to pay the outstanding rates in full, please call 1300 023 411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the option of a payment plan. A payment plan is an agreement where regular payments are made (weekly, fortnightly, monthly) to ensure all rates and charges are paid in an agreed timeframe. During this period, interest may be applied on any overdue balance.
Municipal Pension Concession rebate
The Municipal Rates Concession is available on a ratepayers principal place of residence when they hold an eligible pension card. The rebate does not apply to holders of a Health Care Card or Seniors Card.
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Gold Repatriation Health Card- War Widow (WW)
- Gold Repatriation Health Card – Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)
Claiming the rebate
- If you have recently become a pensioner you will need to download, complete and submit the Municipal Rates Concession Application Form
- All applications will be verified through Centrelink/Department of Veterans’ Affairs before the rebate can be applied to your rates
- Make sure that the name and address on your card are identical to the application and that the property listed on your application is your primary place of residence
- Include a photocopy of the front and back of your card
- Make sure you sign the application form
- If you are eligible for the rebate and reside in a Retirement Village you must include a witnessed Statutory Declaration Form with your application stating that you are responsible for the rates and reside at the property
If the rate rebate does not appear on the annual rates notice please contact us or for more information regarding Municipal Rates Concession visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.
You need to submit the completed form to Wyndham City via email email@example.com or post PO Box 197, Werribee 3030.
Hardship consideration is an option offered to owner occupied property owners experiencing extreme financial hardship. Where property owners are assessed and provided hardship consideration, assistance can be provided in one or more of the following:
- waiver of penalty interest
- waiver of legal costs
- acceptance of an affordable payment arrangement
- deferral of a part of the balance of the rates
To apply for hardship consideration for the rates, please fill in the online form. A hardcopy of the form is also available.