What is a VicSmart application?
VicSmart is a simple and fast permit process for straightforward, low-impact planning applications.
The VicSmart process involves four simple steps:
- Prepare: check the planning scheme, discuss your proposal with Wyndham City, pick up checklists and any other information
- Submit: submit the application to the Wyndham City with all the required information
- Assess: a Wyndham City officer will assess the application against pre-set criteria
- Decide: a Wyndham City officer approves or refuses the application within ten business days
VicSmart applications are not subject to public notification. There will be no ability for the public to object or appeal Wyndham City's decision pursuant to Clause 91 of the Wyndham Planning Scheme.
How do I know if my proposal qualifies as a VicSmart application?
Please contact the Town Planning Department on 1300 023 411 for further guidance on whether your proposal qualifies as a VicSmart planning permit application.
What information needs to be provided with my VicSmart application?
If your proposal qualifies as a VicSmart application, minimum information needs to be provided in order for Council to be able to promptly assess and process your permit. Please refer to the applicable link below and ensure the required information is provided when you submit your application.
- 59.01 REALIGN THE COMMON BOUNDARY BETWEEN TWO LOTS
- 59.02 SUBDIVISION OF BUILDINGS AND CAR PARKING SPACES
- 59.03 FRONT FENCE IN A RESIDENTIAL ZONE
- 59.04 BUILDINGS AND WORKS IN A ZONE (EXCEPT A RURAL ZONE) Wyndham Planning Scheme - Ordinance
- 59.05 BUILDINGS AND WORKS IN AN OVERLAY
- 59.06 REMOVE, DESTROY OR LOP A TREE
- 59.07 APPLICATIONS UNDER A HERITAGE OVERLAY
- 59.08 APPLICATIONS UNDER A SPECIAL BUILDING OVERLAY
- 59.09 SIGNS
- 59.10 CAR PARKING
- 59.12 TWO LOT SUBDIVISION IN A RURAL ZONE
- 59.13 BUILDINGS AND WORKS IN A RURAL ZONE
- 59.14 EXTENSION TO ONE DWELLING ON A LOT IN A RESIDENTIAL ZONE