COVID-19 Busking Update

Outdoor performance is permitted under current DHHS guidelines and busking permit applications will be accepted.

All performers including sole traders operating a business must have their own COVIDSafe Plan that addresses infection control and management for their type of art/performance practice. These plans must comply with DHHS guidelines for COVIDSafe plans.

For advice and guidance on COVIDSafe plans, please refer to DHHS: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/covidsafe-plan

Buskers must complete the Wyndham Visitor Screening Declaration on the day of their performance, prior to attending at the performance location.

You can access Wyndham’s COVIDSafe Guidance for Busking.

If you require further assistance, please contact busking@wyndham.vic.gov.au

For further information about Victoria’s current restrictions please refer to DHHS.

Wyndham City encourages activation of our public spaces – music and public performance are a key part of this activity.

There are some things to consider when deciding to perform in public space; this ensures that your performance is safe for the public and doesn’t interfere with community or business activities.

The Busking in Our City Guidelines outline your responsibilities as well as the local laws that apply to performing in a public space also known as busking.


What is Busking?

A busker is considered to be a person performing in a public place who is:

  • playing an instrument or multiple instruments, both conventional or self-constructed, performing music or other creative performance
  • engaged in a dance routine
  • engaged in other forms of public performance such as circus, street theatre, mime, statue or spoken word

These criteria apply whether the busker is accepting money or not. Buskers may sell copies of a musical CD of their own work.

Busking Permit

You need a busking permit to perform in public space – this permit can be obtained by making an online application. To make an online application you need to complete the online Busking in our City form.

Please note a complete application includes a quality test - please read the guidelines carefully before you apply.

  • Once your complete application is received and approved a permit will be issued to you via email within 10 business days.
  • Applicants that are not approved will receive an email advising them of the outcome within 10 business days.

Busking in Werribee City Centre

Werribee City Centre has a designated Busking Spot which is available on Wednesday and Thursday between 9am and 1pm. 

  • Busking Spot: Station Place – stage area.

Busking Spot pre-booking is required, and buskers must have a busking permit from Wyndham City.

Buskers should notify Wyndham City when they intend to busk in Werribee City Centre, ideally 48 hours prior and no less than 2 hours prior. Notification can be sent via email to busking@wyndham.vic.gov.au

Buskers must complete the Wyndham Visitor Screening Declaration on the day of their performance, prior to attending at the performance location.

NOTE: Speakers must not be placed directly facing shops or at shop entrances.

Questions regarding busking can be sent via email to busking@wyndham.vic.gov.au

Buskers wishing to access other public spaces in Werribee City Centre for performances or community activities should contact Vibrant City Centres by email werribeecitycentre@wyndham.vic.gov.au  or by phone on 9742 0905

Busking in Point Cook Town Centre

Buskers wishing to busk in Point Cook Town Centre should report to the Point Cook Town Centre (Stocklands) Customer Service Desk prior to busking.

Buskers then leave their contact details with Stocklands staff and will need to show a current Busking Permit from Wyndham City Council.

Busking Elsewhere in Wyndham

Busking on privately owned or managed land should be negotiated directly with the owner or management. A busking permit from Wyndham City will still need to be obtained and displayed.

Performers, individuals and private landowners can nominate potential Busking Spots can contact busking@wyndham.vic.gov.au to suggest a location.

Back to top