Wyndham City will sustain and expand a healthy tree population that benefits the community and
the environment, by valuing each tree as an integral part of an urban forest network.
This policy outlines how Wyndham City will manage its urban forest in order to achieve the above vision.
This policy defines how Wyndham City will:
- manage individual trees from planting to whole of life tree management;
- manage and plan for growth and health of Wyndham’s urban forest;
- protect the tree population as an interconnected urban forest; and
- ensure planting of trees in new development and established areas will deliver canopy
- coverage of 25% in streets and 35% in open space across the Council.