With one click you can automatically be registered to all 5 Energy Smarty Homes workshops, we recommend attending all so you understand what best suits your household.
Reduce your household energy, save money and act on climate change!
Join us for the Energy Smart Homes program over April and May 2021. We’ll be running workshops and providing information on the latest government grants and incentives to support households in reducing their energy use and saving money.
Why be part of the Energy Smart Homes program?
No matter what your budget is, you can make changes in your home (owners and renters) to improve your energy management to save money and act on climate change. During this program we’ll take you through;
- Understanding your energy bills and monitoring your energy use
- Latest government rebates and incentives to access funding to upgrade your home
- Using clean green energy options
- How to reduce your home energy without spending a cent
- LOW-MED cost upgrades to your home to save energy and money
- Solar and battery for your home
- How our little changes at home can make big action on climate change
And to kick off this program we have special guest Craig Reucassel whose Fight For Planet A: Our Climate Challenge TV Series on ABC inspired this Energy Smart Homes program here in Wyndham.
How can I be part of the Energy Smart Homes program?
The table below lists all the workshops part of the Energy Smart Homes program. You can sign up once and be enrolled to the all the 5 workshops in the program or choose the workshops that interest you only. All workshops will be recorded, and we’ll pop them up on this page with any relevant resources.
Wyndham City is a participating Council of My Smart Garden a free sustainable gardening program that helps you get started growing food and transforming your outdoor space (yards, balconies or pots) into a functional garden. It helps you become more resilient and lower your bills by producing food, shading your home from summer heat and turning waste into valuable resources.
During the Energy Smart Homes program My Smart Garden will be running the following workshop which we highly recommend helping reduce your energy bills:
We can all be part of the solution on climate change!
Our climate is changing and with this change comes a whole raft of challenges for our natural environment and current way of life. A large contributor to this is the energy demands of our modern society. We all make up the demand and it is up to us to reduce it, starting at our homes where we spend a lot of time and have the most control.
Together we can fight climate change and improve the world for everyone.
Visit the Climate Council to understand what climate change is and how you can make a difference.
- Watch ABC’s Fight For Planet A: Our Climate Challenge
- Watch 2040 (available on Netflix)
- Australian Energy Foundation for home and business energy advice.
- Your Home is your guide to creating a comfortable home with low impact on the environment – economical to run, healthier to live in and adaptable to your changing needs.
- Sustainability Victoria for solar and home sustainability advice.
- Be a Sustainable Business – information for businesses and employees to take sustainable action.
- Supply Chain Sustainability School – Free online sustainability training for Wyndham City Council suppliers and local businesses.
- Greenhouse Actions Plan and Environment & sustainability Strategy – read more about Councils plan to meet our actions, targets and strategic objectives.
- State of Environment Report Council and Community actions undertaken to protect. and enhance the natural environment and improve sustainability in Wyndham.
- NASA for global warming trends.
- BOM for the latest climate trends.
- Climate Council for climate change communications and advice about climate change.
- ABCs pocket guide to climate change - The first step to being able to speak about climate change is to understand it.
- CSIRO for national climate science and research.
- Australian Psychological Society for information on how to talk to children about climate change.