During May and June 2021, we ran workshops and provided information on the latest government grants and incentives to support households in reducing their energy use and saving money.
We uploaded all the workshop recordings, notes and resources so Wyndham residents can take part at any time.
Why be part of the Energy Smart Homes program?
No matter what your budget is, you can make changes in your home (owners and renters) to improve your energy management to save money and act on climate change. This program includes;
- Understanding your energy bills and monitoring your energy use
- Latest government rebates and incentives to access funding to upgrade your home
- Using clean green energy options
- How to reduce your home energy without spending a cent
- LOW-MED cost upgrades to your home to save energy and money
- Solar and battery for your home
- How our little changes at home can make big action on climate change
As an added bonus and to support you through your Energy Smart Homes journey, till the end of July Wyndham residents can also get free energy advice from the Australian Energy Foundation.
Free Energy Advice Service
Council has partnered with the Australian Energy Foundation to provide you with simple energy advice you can trust.
The energy advisors at the Australian Energy Foundation can help you work out exactly what you need to do to make your home energy-efficient. From solar to pool pump controllers, they can provide advice on all areas of your home, helping you make an informed decision.
Areas they can help with include:
- Solar Panels and Battery Storage
- Insulation & Draught Proofing
- LED Lighting
- Hot Water Heat Pumps
- Reverse Cycle Air Conditioners
- Home Energy Assessments
- Pool Pump Controllers
- Window films
- Visit the Australian Energy Foundation website to learn about all the things you can do in your home.
- Contact one of their energy advisors on 1300 23 68 55 or email email@example.com
Who is the Australian Energy Foundation?
The Australian Energy Foundation is a for purpose organisation, leading the way to an equitable zero carbon society. They accelerate the energy transition by empowering communities to take action. Read more about AEF.
Energy Smart Homes Workshop Recordings
Fight For Planet A: Our Climate Challenge with Craig Reucassel
Craig Reucassel launches the Energy Smart Homes program to inspire Wyndham to act on Climate Change starting from their own homes!
Understanding your Energy Bills, Rebates and Monitoring
This session will help you to understand your energy bill and explore your options of reducing costs with rebates and monitoring.
Reducing your energy use without spending a cent!
Jo Taranto of Good from the Hood unpacks simple steps to reduce your household energy use without spending a cent!
Low to Medium costs upgrades to reduce your energy and save money!
In this session you’ll learn about what you can do to improve the efficiency of your home to improve comfort and get better value from your lighting, heating, and other appliances.
Solar & Battery for your home
Learn how solar & battery enables you to cut the cost of your bills by generating your own electricity.
My Smart Garden - Keep Your Cool with trees and vines
Wyndham City is a participating Council of My Smart Garden, a free sustainable gardening program that helps you get started growing food and transforming your outdoor space into a beautiful functional garden.
They can help you become more resilient and lower your bills by producing food and shading your home from summer heat and Turing waste into valuable resources.
This video provides advice to cool your home and garden with vines and trees.
We can all be part of the solution on climate change!
Our climate is changing and with this change comes a whole raft of challenges for our natural environment and current way of life. A large contributor to this is the energy demands of our modern society. We all make up the demand and it is up to us to reduce it, starting at our homes where we spend a lot of time and have the most control.
Together we can fight climate change and improve the world for everyone.
Visit the Climate Council to understand what climate change is and how you can make a difference.
- Watch ABC’s Fight For Planet A: Our Climate Challenge
- Watch 2040 (available on Netflix)
- Australian Energy Foundation for home and business energy advice.
- Your Home is your guide to creating a comfortable home with low impact on the environment – economical to run, healthier to live in and adaptable to your changing needs.
- Sustainability Victoria for solar and home sustainability advice.
- Be a Sustainable Business – information for businesses and employees to take sustainable action.
- Supply Chain Sustainability School – Free online sustainability training for Wyndham City Council suppliers and local businesses.
- Greenhouse Actions Plan and Environment & sustainability Strategy – read more about Councils plan to meet our actions, targets and strategic objectives.
- State of Environment Report Council and Community actions undertaken to protect. and enhance the natural environment and improve sustainability in Wyndham.
- NASA for global warming trends.
- BOM for the latest climate trends.
- Climate Council for climate change communications and advice about climate change.
- ABCs pocket guide to climate change - The first step to being able to speak about climate change is to understand it.
- CSIRO for national climate science and research.
- Australian Psychological Society for information on how to talk to children about climate change.