ClubHub is the central source of information and communications for Wyndham’s Sport & Recreation Club network.
Supporting club members with health, social or welfare concerns? Try our Hear to Help Directory for a list of handy links and resources.
Scholarships & Grant Opportunities
The Get Active Kids Voucher Program helps eligible families get their children involved in organised sport and active recreation activities by reimbursing the cost of membership and registration fees, uniforms, and equipment. Eligible children may be able to receive up to $200 each.
To be eligible, children must be Victorian residents, aged 4 to 18 and named on a valid Health Care Card or Pensioner Concession Card, as well as a Medicare Card.
- Funding - $200
- Closing Date – 9 July 2021
The Emergency Sporting Recreational Equipment grant provides assistance to grassroots sport and active recreation clubs and organisations to replace essential sporting or first aid equipment that has been lost or destroyed as a consequence of fire, flood, significant storm event, theft or criminal damage.
- Funding – Up to $2,000
- Closing Date – 30 June 2021
More information about available Grants on the VicSport website - https://www.vicsport.com.au/grants
Wyndham City Club Hub Resource Kit
If you’re involved in running a sports club in Wyndham, you might like to check out Wyndham City Council’s online Club Hub portal and resource kit, which includes a range of tips, templates and a directory of links to help with day-to-day club operations.
Simple Marketing Ideas for Clubs/Associations
1. Update and maintain the Club/Association’s website and social media pages. These platforms are a key marketing tool and often the first thing people will look at before contacting the Club/Association.
- Include photos and information that promotes an inclusive and welcoming environment for potential new members.
- Ensure contact details and easy to find and up to date.
- Check all links are working properly.
- Ensure training information is clearly visible.
- Highlight accreditations that promote a safe family friendly environment such as Good Sports and Child Safe Standards.
3. Consider organising a free bookable come and try day or even 4-6 week introduction sessions for potential new members or re-engaging existing members.
- Sessions could focus on those new to the sport and diverse communities including; Females, CALD, All Abilities & Youth.
- Provide a pathway to social or competitive opportunities.
- Reach out to the local primary and secondary schools to let them know about any upcoming programs (i.e. bookable come and try days, training times, events).
- Contact local Community Centres (once open). Let them know about any upcoming programs (i.e drop off flyers). The Sport and Recreation team can also assist in connecting Clubs/Associations with Community Centres to learn more about engaging with various community groups.
4. Collect stories of your members experiences and how they have used sport to get through these times - use them for wider promotion, i.e. media release, website, social media
5. Have a system in place to record enquires when people do make contact with the Club/Association – this will help direct future marketing efforts.
6. Create a simple one-page dot point promotional plan for the next 6-12 months, outlining:
- 1-2 key objectives
- 2-3 strategies per objective
- Any budget considerations
7. Use Wyndham’s Club Resource Kit for further advice and resources.
Upcoming Events & Training
Following feedback via the annual Sports Club Survey, the Sport and Recreation team have been collaborating with Wyndham City’s Community Planning and Development Department, to provide a calendar of events and training opportunities. These sessions will cover Sport and Club Development, Volunteer Education and Grants.
These sessions will be delivered by a range of high quality presenters, and will provide valuable insights, strategies and resources to help strengthen your club into the future.
Access for All Abilities
Courses for club volunteers including coaching, umpiring and general courses
We have collated information on coaching, umpiring, refereeing and general courses which are beneficial to all club volunteers. There are a number of online courses which can be accessed at any time, they are a great way to upskill when you aren’t able to play your sport so that next season you can be ready for action, many of these courses are free. Courses may change/ be converted to a different delivery format, we will try to update this information when we obtain it.
“We all participate in sport for many different reasons. Some are interested in maintaining an active and healthy lifestyle, others love the thrill of competing with their friends and a rare few set their sights on winning medals for their country. Whatever the motivation, we mostly choose our own pathways, although sometimes the pathway chooses us.” (AIS)
Frequently Asked Questions
For any questions about ClubHub, visit the below link.
Connect With Us
Wyndham City has a range of communication channels. Visit the below link for more information
Women in Sport
Only half the amount of women play sport as men, but we know that sport benefits people of all genders, ages and backgrounds. We have brought together various resources to support organisations to increase opportunities for girls and women to play sport onto one page.
Please visit our Women in Sport page.
Volunteers around our Sporting Clubs
Meet some of the fantastic volunteers across Wyndham sports clubs and associations.
Meet Andrew from Wyndham Vale parkrun
Meet Andrew from Wyndham Vale parkrun who volunteers every Saturday morning to help our community be more active.
Every club has great volunteers like Andrew.
Meet Michelle from Wyndham Victory Netball Club
Coaching a team, cooking a BBQ, setting up a budget, planning an event - when it comes to volunteering, there’s a role for everyone! Meet Michelle from Wyndham Victory Netball Club who is passing her life experience onto young netballers in Wyndham. Want to build your skills and volunteer in the community?
Check out the training opportunities available for aspiring volunteers: http://bit.ly/2yq3juQ.
Meet Tiahnee, Vice President of Werribee Bears Rugby League
Across Wyndham there are 85 community sporting clubs that provide participation opportunities for over 12,500 residents.
These opportunities are made available thank to the support of our fantastic volunteers who make all this happen! Meet Tiahnee, Vice President of Werribee Bears Rugby League who works hard to create a sense of family at the club. Learn more about the local sporting opportunities in Wyndham: http://bit.ly/2fLev9u.
Meet Peter from the Werribee Obedience Dog Club
Want to volunteer, but not sure where to start? There are a wide variety of community organisations and local sporting groups across Wyndham that are always on the lookout for more help!
Meet Peter from the Werribee Obedience Dog Club, who talks about his unique volunteering role, and how important volunteering is within the community. If you’re interested in volunteering, you can learn more about our local community organisations here: http://bit.ly/2KAbLgK.
Meet Srini, from the North West Cricket Club
Volunteering gives you the opportunity to contribute to your community, learn new skills, be a significant part of a team and make new friends and have fun! Meet Srini, from the North West Cricket Club, who provide a social outlet for hundreds of local cricketers to play in a relaxed environment each Sunday.
Not sure where to start your volunteering journey? Check out Step Into Volunteering page http://bit.ly/2yKtyYy for some tips to point you in the right direction.
Meet Paul, the President of Wyndham All Abilities
Volunteering provides a great opportunity to engage with a diverse range of people. Meet Paul, the President of Wyndham All Abilities. He tirelessly volunteers his time to nurture young people with disabilities to take responsibilities and learn new skills.
Over the last 6 weeks, we have met 6 of our local volunteers just like Paul, and heard from them about why they volunteer, and what it means to them. Hear all their stories and learn more about volunteering here: https://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/services/volunteering-grants
2020 Wyndham Sports Club Forum – Presentations
Please see below digital versions of all scheduled presentations that have been created with the help of our presenting partners.
- Gender Equality in Wyndham Sport Project – Year 2
- Newly adopted Sports Facility User Guide
- Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation (VCGLR)
- Good Sports – Alcohol and Drug Foundation
- 2019 Sports Club Survey Review
If you would like any further information, please contact a member of the Sport and Recreation team anytime.