The Victorian Independent Remuneration Tribunal is responsible for setting the values of allowances payable to Mayors, Deputy Mayors and Councillors.
The values of allowances payable to a Mayor, Deputy Mayor or Councillor are inclusive of any Superannuation Guarantee Contribution amount, or equivalent, that may be payable under Commonwealth law, and are adjusted annually by the Determinations made by the Tribunal.
The annual allowances, including superannuation contribution, for Wyndham City Councillors are set out below:
18 December 2021 until 17 December 2022
- the Mayoral allowance is $119,316 per annum
- the Deputy Mayor allowance is $59,658 per annum
- the Councillor allowance is $35,972 per annum
18 December 2022 until 17 December 2023
- the Mayoral allowance is $122,630 per annum
- the Deputy Mayor allowance is $61,315 per annum
- the Councillor allowance is $37,010 per annum
18 December 2023 until 17 December 2024
- the Mayoral allowance is $125,944 per annum
- the Deputy Mayor allowance is $62,972 per annum
From 18 December 2023
- the Councillor allowance is $38,047 per annum
December 2024 until 17 December 2025
- the Mayoral allowance is $129,259 per annum
- the Deputy Mayor allowance is $64,629 per annum
From 18 December 2025
- the Mayoral allowance is $132,573 per annum
- the Deputy Mayor allowance is $66,286 per annum
Council has adopted the Councillor Expenses and Entitlements Policy which outlines the resources/support to be provided to the Mayor and Councillors, and the expenses that may be claimed in the performance of their duties as elected representatives of the community.
For more information on how Wyndham City staff assist and support the Mayor and Councillors, see:
Reports: Councillor Expenses
Council publishes details of the Councillor expenses in its Annual Report as required by the Local Government Act and associated Regulations. Following a recent review of the Councillor Expenses and Entitlements Policy, Council has also resolved to publish the reimbursement of Councillor expenses on the Council website every six months.