Due to the evolving impact of the COVID-19 virus, Wyndham City will cancel all practical student placements and employment pathway programs via educational institutions and external organisations until further notice.
The health and safety of our community and staff must take precedence however we will inform all key stakeholders of Council’s direction to resume services.
Requests can be submitted for remote placements only. Whilst we are unable to guarantee a placement, where possible, we will assess each application on a case by case basis and endeavour to accommodate the online placement.
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Have you thought about undertaking a placement at Wyndham City Council? Read on to find out how you can explore the world of Wyndham!
Wyndham City Council is now taking applications for bright-minded tertiary students to undertake work placement across our organisation.
We are one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities. Our Council Officers are the engine-room creating, shaping and servicing the growing local community. They take great pride in the work they do, for what they do directly enhances the liveability and social interaction of the residents within our Community.
Does Wyndham City Council sound like a place you’d like to explore?
If yes, then apply for your placement and start something more!
To be eligible for a tertiary student placement, you will:
- be enrolled in a tertiary education institution and require a placement as part of your course
- live in or have significant ties to the Wyndham community
- be covered for insurance by your educational institution (i.e. Personal Accident Insurance, Public Liability Insurance and Travel Insurance) and have express permission to complete your placement
- be required to dress in smart business casual attire (unless advised otherwise by the relevant Department)
- agree your working hours in consultation with your assigned Supervisor
- be willing to undertake the necessary checks as required
We will do our best to help you find a placement with us. However, please note that due to periods of high demand, unfortunately it is not always possible to place all students. Priority will be given to applicants who either study or live in the Wyndham community.
Note: Wyndham City Council offers other work placement opportunities, please see below:
To get in touch with us, email firstname.lastname@example.org.