February 2021 saw the approval of 439 dwellings/units in Wyndham by building permits, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 439
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1301
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2850
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 5536
The number of dwellings/units approved this February is lower than in February 2020 (476), and the lowest February figure since February 2019 (363). The 12-month cumulative figure of 5536 has decreased from 5573 in January 2021.
In percentage terms, the February 2021 distribution of approved dwellings/units between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 62% (Tarneit 38%, Truganina 22%, Williams Landing 1%, Laverton 0% and Mount Cottrell 1%)
- Central 12% (Werribee 11% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- West 22% (Wyndham Vale 11%, Mambourin 10% and Manor Lakes 1%)
- South 4% (Point Cook 3% and Werribee South 1%)
- Rural 0% (Little River 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most approvals for dwellings/units this month (171). Truganina received the second largest number of approvals for dwelling/units (97) and Wyndham Vale received the third largest (50). The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has received the largest number of dwelling/unit approvals to date in 2021 (468).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.