Wyndham Dwelling/Unit Approval Statistics – May 2021
May 2021 saw the approval of 460 dwellings/units in Wyndham by building permits, as shown in the attached table and graphs. The breakdown of this figure is made up of 434 dwellings and 26 units.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 460
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1636
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2937
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 5934
The number of dwellings/units approved this May is higher than in May 2020 (410) and is the highest May figure since May 2010 (485). The 12-month cumulative figure of 5934 dwellings/units has increased from 5884 in April 2021.
In percentage terms, the May 2021 distribution of approved dwellings/units between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 55% (Tarneit 33%, Truganina 20%, Williams Landing 1%, Laverton 0% and Mount Cottrell 1%)
- Central 13% (Werribee 12% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- West 26% (Wyndham Vale 13%, Mambourin 9% and Manor Lakes 4%)
- South 6% (Point Cook 5% and Werribee South 1%)
- Rural 0% (Little River 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most approvals for dwellings/units this month (155). Truganina received the second largest number of approvals for dwelling/units (93) and Wyndham Vale received the third largest (61). The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has received the largest number of dwelling/unit approvals to date in 2021 (1408).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.