Dwelling/Unit Numbers – May 2022
Building permits for 307 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in May 2022, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 307
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 992
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 1906
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 4623
The number of dwelling/unit building permits issued this May is lower than in May 2021 (460), and the lowest since May 2016 (304). The 12-month cumulative figure of 4623 has decreased from 4776 in April 2022.
In percentage terms, the May 2022 distribution of dwelling/unit building permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 57% (Tarneit 37%, Truganina 16%, Williams Landing 3.5%, Laverton 0.0%, Mount Cottrell 0.5%)
- West 25% (Wyndham Vale 8%, Mambourin 10% and Manor Lakes 7%)
- Central 10% (Werribee 9% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- South 8% (Point Cook 0.3% and Werribee South 7.7%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most building permits for dwellings/units for this month (113). Truganina received the second largest number of dwellings/units building permits (49) and Mambourin received the third largest (32). The North region (Laverton, Mount Cottrell, Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing) of Wyndham has had the largest number of building permits to date in 2022 (934).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.