January 2021 saw the approval of 340 dwellings/units in Wyndham by building permits, as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 340
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1281
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2864
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 5573
The number of dwellings/units approved this January is lower than in January 2020 (393), and the lowest January figure since January 2019 (284). The 12-month cumulative figure of 5573 has decreased from 5626 in December 2020.
In percentage terms, the January 2021 distribution of approved dwellings/units between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 57% (Tarneit 36%, Truganina 20%, Williams Landing 1%, Laverton 0% and Mount Cottrell 0%)
- Central 16% (Werribee 15% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- West 22% (Wyndham Vale 9%, Mambourin 11% and Manor Lakes 2%)
- South 5% (Point Cook 4% and Werribee South 1%)
- Rural 0% (Little River 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most approvals for dwellings/units this month (123). Truganina received the second largest number of approvals for dwelling/units (68) and Werribee received the third largest (52). The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has received the largest number of dwelling/unit approvals to date in 2020 (194)
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.