Dwelling/Unit Numbers – August 2020
Building permits for 453 dwellings/units in Wyndham were issued in August 2020 as shown in the attached table and graphs.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 453
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1448
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 2686
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 5273
The number of dwelling/unit building permits issued this August is lower than in August 2019 482), and the lowest August record since August 2018 (437). The 12-month cumulative figure of 5273 has decreased from 5302 in July 2020.
In percentage terms, the August 2020 distribution of dwelling/unit building permits between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 54% (Tarneit 35%, Truganina 16%, Williams Landing 1%, Laverton 0% and Mount Cottrell 2%)
- Central 15% (Werribee 14% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- West 23% (Wyndham Vale 11%, Mambourin 7% and Manor Lakes 5%)
- South 8% (Point Cook 8% and Werribee South 0%)
- Rural 0% (Little River 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most building permits for dwellings/units for this month (159). Truganina received the second largest number of dwelling/unit building permits (74) and Werribee received the third largest (67). The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has received the largest number of dwelling/unit building permits to date in 2020 (2015).
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.