August 2021 saw the approval of 497 dwellings/units in Wyndham by building permits, as shown in the attached table and graphs. The breakdown of this figure is made up of 491 dwellings and 6 units.
- The monthly number of dwellings/units is 497
- The 3-month cumulative figure is 1425
- The 6-month cumulative figure is 3061
- The 12-month cumulative figure is 5911
The number of dwellings/units approved this August is higher than in August 2020 (453) and is the highest August figure since August 2017 (543). The 12-month cumulative figure of 5911 dwellings/units has increased from 5867 in July 2021.
In percentage terms, the August 2021 distribution of approved dwellings/units between the groupings of suburbs was as follows:
- North 52% (Tarneit 38%, Truganina 12%, Williams Landing 0%, Laverton 0% and Mount Cottrell 2%)
- Central 19% (Werribee 18% and Hoppers Crossing 1%)
- West 23% (Wyndham Vale 10%, Mambourin 10 and Manor Lakes 3%)
- South 6% (Point Cook 5% and Werribee South 1%)
- Rural 0% (Little River 0%)
In comparing suburbs in Wyndham, Tarneit received the most approvals for dwellings/units this month (190). Werribee received the second largest number of approvals for dwelling/units (91) and Truganina received the third largest (61). The northern region (Tarneit, Truganina, Williams Landing, Laverton and Mount Cottrell) of Wyndham has received the largest number of dwelling/unit approvals to date in 2021 (2171).
The map below illustrates Wyndham’s new bin allocation data for the July-August 2021 period (note: this data is based on supplementary valuations) and spatially demonstrates where new residential growth is occurring in the municipality at a finer level of detail. As is illustrated on this map, most new bin allocations during the July-August 2021 period are occurring within Wyndham’s growth areas; predominately in the northern and western urban regions of the municipality which corresponds with the data presented above in the previous paragraph.
Queries may be directed to Council’s Strategic Planning Unit on (03) 9742 0777.
This bulletin relies on data from Council’s Building Services Department, WCC Proclaim Profiler Reports and analysis by Building Services and the Strategic Planning Unit.