The Municipal Rates Concession is available on a ratepayers principal place of residence when they hold an eligible pension card. The rebate does not apply to holders of a Health Care Card or Seniors Card.

Eligible Cards issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs:

  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Gold Repatriation Health Card- War Widow (WW)
  • Gold Repatriation Health Card – Totally & Permanently Incapacitated (TPI)

Claiming the rebate

  • If you have recently become a pensioner you will need to download, complete and submit the Municipal Rates Concession Application Form
  • All applications will be verified through Centrelink/Department of Veterans’ Affairs before the rebate can be applied to your rates
  • Make sure that the name and address on your card are identical to the application and that the property listed on your application is your primary place of residence
  • Include a photocopy of the front and back of your card
  • Make sure you sign the application form
  • If you are eligible for the rebate and reside in a Retirement Village you must include a witnessed Statutory Declaration Form with your application stating that you are responsible for the rates and reside at the property

If the rate rebate does not appear on the annual rates notice please contact us or for more information regarding Municipal Rates Concession visit the Department of Health and Human Services website.

You need to submit the completed form to Wyndham City via email or post PO Box 197, Werribee 3030.

Back to top