Applying to volunteer with Wyndham City is a simple and straightforward process. We offer opportunities in a range of frontline services and back office support. We only accept applications for roles listed on our website. The process for a volunteer role application is:
- Read the description of the role to ensure you understand the skills and experience we are looking for.
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Your application will be forwarded to the department recruiting volunteers.
- If your application matches the role requirements, you will be invited for an interview or informal chat with the Volunteer Supervisors. This is also a great opportunity for you to get to know a bit more about the role.
- After a successful interview, we will invite you to complete a Police Check (only if you are 18 years old, or over – no cost to you). Some roles require a Working with Children Check – we’ll confirm your card is valid, or ask you to apply for a free Volunteer card if you don’t have one
- You will attend a Council Volunteer Induction to find out more about the wider world of volunteering in a large organisation.
- The following people will not be considered for volunteer roles at Council:
- People on work placement and work experience programs
- Students undertaking volunteering as a part of the education curriculum