Wyndham City is now seeking your feedback on the draft planning controls that will implement the findings of the Housing and Neighbourhood Character Strategy 2015. Resident feedback is being sought until 17 March 2017 on proposed new zones and overlays.
These new planning controls are proposed to be applied to existing residential areas within Wyndham, and will impact on what level of future development may occur on the land. Wyndham City will also update its Municipal Strategic Statement and other local planning policies in the Wyndham Planning Scheme to give effect to the Strategy.
Proposed New Zones & Overlays
The Strategy recommends that Council applies three new residential zones to land as a way of managing housing growth and to ensure that development occurs in appropriate locations and keeps housing density at a suitable level. The zones also outline where development shouldn’t occur.
In keeping with the Wyndham 2040 Vision, Wyndham City wants to ensure that development occurs in a way that meets growth demands and resident’s needs.
The Strategy identifies three broad areas that are suitable for different levels of development. Each change area will be rezoned to a new planning zone that reflects the level of development anticipated by the Strategy.
Limited Change Areas / Limited Incremental Change Areas – where development is not appropriate due to constraints such as heritage, special neighbourhood character or lack of infrastructure.
Neighbourhood Residential Zone
Incremental Change Areas/ Incremental Change with Access Areas – where moderate levels of development will be appropriate (particularly closer to transport and services) which also respects the character of the area.
General Residential Zone
Substantial Change Areas – where the higher densities are appropriate given the location in close proximity to public transport, access to shops, services and other facilities.
Residential Growth Zone
In addition to the above rezoning, Council has agreed to apply planning overlays to some precincts where special controls were required and make some minor updates to the Strategy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Documents on Consultation
The following documents are out on consultation until 17 March 2017. Please review the amendment documents that are relevant to you. You can find out which zones and/or overlays are being applied to your land by visiting MyWyndham (see Find Your Property).
Draft Amendment Documents
- Amended Municipal Strategic Statement
- Amended Neighbourhood Character Policy
- Amended Non-Residential Use Policy
- Proposed Design and Development Overlay Schedule 12
- Neighbourhood Residential Zone Schedules
- General Residential Zone Schedules
- Residential Growth Zone Schedules
Proposed Strategy Changes
- Proposed Amendments to the Strategy
- Amended Strategy Map 1 – Study Area
- Amended Strategy Map 2 – Completed Precinct Structure Plans
- Amended Strategy Map 3 – Residential Framework Change Areas
- Amended Strategy Map 4 – Limited Change Areas
- Amended Strategy Map 5 – Incremental Change Areas
- Amended Strategy Map 6 – Incremental Change Areas with Covenants
- Amended Strategy Map 7 – Substantial Change Areas
- Amended Strategy Map 8 – Character Precincts Maps
- Amended Strategy Map 9 – Housing Framework Map
- Existing Clause 22.05 – Heritage Conservation Policy
- Existing Clause 43.01 – Heritage Overlay
- Heritage Overlay – Statement of Significance for Carter Avenue
- Neighbourhood Character Assessment – Anne Street
- Existing Clause 43.02 – Design and Development Overlay
- Ordinary Council Meeting Minutes 12 December 2016
Frequently Asked Questions
Explaining the Strategy and how zones are applied (Video)
A short video explaining the Strategy and how zones are applied.
Find Your Property
Find out what zone and/or overlay proposed for your property.
The information sessions will be drop-in sessions where you can come anytime within the scheduled times and speak with a Council Officer.
- Civic Centre - 45 Princes Highway Werribee: Thursday, 9 February 2017, 2 to 4pm,
- Civic Centre - 45 Princes Highway Werribee: Wednesday 15 February 2017, 2 to 4pm
- Wyndham Vale Community Learning Centre - 86 Manor Lakes Blvd Wyndham Vale: Thursday, 16 February 2017, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Jamieson Way Community Centre - 59 Jamieson Way Point Cook: Friday, 17 February 2017, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Tarneit Community Learning Centre - 150 Sunset Views Blvd Tarneit: Monday, 20 February 2017, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
- Little River Mechanics Institute Hall – Rothwell Road, Little River: Friday, 24 February 2017, 5:30 to 7:30 pm
How to provide feedback
Feedback on the draft planning controls is being sought from all of Wyndham’s residents. Please provide your comments by completing the online form below.
Submissions close 5pm Friday 17 March
NOTE: This form is for feedback and comments and is not monitored regularly. If you have questions that require a more immediate response please call 8734 5493
If you require further information in relation to this project, please contact the Planning Policy and Projects Unit on (03) 9742 0777 or Housing@wyndham.vic.gov.au.