The registrations, permits and licences you need will depend mainly on the sort of business you’ll be running and what activities your business is undertaking.

It is important to find out what taxation and other business registrations apply to your new business to ensure that you comply with all relevant regulations.

The easiest way to find out what local, state and federal registrations, licences and permits you need is to use the Australian Business Licence and Information Service


Registrations include (but are not limited to):


To find out what licences apply to your business refer to the Australian Business Licence and Information Service.

Permits – Wyndham City

You may need to comply with Wyndham City Council permits.  These could be permits for:

For more information about permits, visit the links above or contact Wyndham City on 1300 023 411 or visit the Civic Centre, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee (no appointment necessary).


Businesses must deal with risk on a daily basis, regardless of their size or industry type.

Insurance is an essential part of managing these risks and for small business owners uninsured at the time of an accident, the resulting costs can often lead to closure of the business. 

If you're operating a small business, having insurance can help reduce your risk and allow you to succeed in the future. 

Your insurance requirements will vary according to the type of business you are operating, but you should be aware that some forms of insurance are compulsory for Australian businesses. 

More information:

Find the Right Insurance (Victorian Government – Business Victoria)

What Insurance does my Business Need? (Australian Government)

Back to top