Chief Executive Officer: Kelly Grigsby
Kelly commenced with Wyndham City Council in 2012 as Director, Community Development and was appointed Chief Executive Officer in 2015 and recently re-appointed in April 2020.
Kelly has extensive and diverse experience over her more than 15 years working in the local government sector. Over this time Kelly has held senior roles in the human services, community development, strategic and statutory planning areas, at Brimbank, Colac Otway, Glenelg and Moorabool Shire Councils.
Kelly also worked in the Solomon Islands as an Organisational Management Advisor with the peak body for non-government organisations based in Honiara.
Kelly’s qualifications include:
- Diploma of Community Services, Swinburne University
- Graduate Diploma of Development Studies, Deakin University
- Master of International and Community Development, Deakin University
Kelly is currently:
- Certified Practicing Planner (CPP)
- Member of the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
As part of the Wyndham 2040 program of work, Kelly has developed and implemented a modern progressive organisational structure. The structure is designed to ensure integration of the organisation’s priorities across directorates, with an ultimate focus on delivering the community’s priorities contained in Wyndham 2040.
In her spare time Kelly is an avid reader and enjoys visiting art galleries.
The CEO's Office comprises:
- People & Capability
- Chief Legal Counsel
- Corporate Affairs
- Chief Executive Office
Director: Allison Kenwood
Allison commenced with Council in September 2019 as Director, City Life.
Allison has over 30 years extensive experience in the health, community and human services sectors in a broad range of areas; State government in Victoria and Western Australia, Red Cross Blood Service, direct health services and not for profit organisations.
Allison has a passion for building culture and positive and inclusive communities.
Allison’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Arts, (BA) at Victoria University
- Masters of Education, Healthy Faculty (MA), University of Western Australia
In her spare time Allison likes walking her dogs, watching her daughter swim, interior design, Netflix and chocolate bullets!
The City Life Directorate is responsible for the policy, planning and delivery of all life stage services from new borns’ to aged care and everything in-between.
The City Life Directorate comprises the following departments:
- Community Planning & Development
- Libraries & Community Learning
- Community Support
- Sport & Recreation
- Service Planning, Partnering & Reform
- Social & Economic Inclusion
Director: Stephen Thorpe
Stephen commenced with Wyndham in 2012, starting as Manager Asset Management and Maintenance, then taking on the roles of Manager Assets and Roads and Manager Facilities and Recreation during 2015, before his appointment to the position of Director, City Operations in 2016.
Stephen has a broad range of knowledge, skills and experience in delivering council services. He has worked for twenty years managing a wide range of key services at four Melbourne councils, and was the Managing Director of Australian Landscape Management, a design and management consultancy, for ten years.
Stephen’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAppSc), Burnley Horticulture College, Melbourne University.
- Masters of Business Administration, (MBA), Victoria University.
In his spare time Stephen enjoys sailing, boat and furniture building, and travelling.
The City Operations Directorate ensures Wyndham is delivering essential services to public places and properties, including capital works projects, facility management, local laws enforcement, waste management, road and drain maintenance, and care of parks and gardens.
The City Operations Directorate comprises the following departments:
- City Amenity & Safety
- Facilities & Open Space
- Waste Management & Disposal
- Roads & Maintenance
- Project Management Office
City Design and Liveability
Director City Design and Liveability: Ludo Campbell-Reid
Ludo commenced with Council in 2020 as Director, City Design & Liveability.
With over 25 years of both public and private sector experience Ludo has advised Mayors, Councillors, governments, private sector organisations and communities around the world.
He is a globally renowned City Planning expert and Urban Designer thought leader. He also regularly features as a keynote speaker at international industry events.
Ludo’s qualifications include:
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Urban Design, Oxford Brookes University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Design, Oxford Brookes University
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours (BA), University of Westminster, London
In his spare time Ludo enjoys surfing, rowing and skiing. He is a former member of the British Rowing Team.
The City Design & Liveability Directorate is charged with spear heading the design led urban renaissance of Wyndham and comprises the following departments:
- Urban Futures
- Climate Futures Office
- Vibrant City Centres
- City Transport
- Smart City Office
- Planning & Building
Deal Investments and Major Projects
Kate Roffey, Director Deals Investment & Major Projects
Kate commenced with Council in 2016 as a Director and is currently Director, Deals, Investment & Major Projects.
Kate has extensive experience as a CEO, Senior Executive and Director within the commercial, government and not-for-profit sectors.
Kate is dynamic and inspiring, and brings an impressive and outstanding wealth of experience to Wyndham. Kate was a former CEO of the Committee for Melbourne, where she successfully led a broad cross-section of Melbourne’s most influential companies and institutions to develop initiatives that ensured Melbourne continued to grow as a prosperous globally connected city and retain its mantle as the ‘World’s most liveable city’.
Kate held an executive position at Tennis Australia as Manager of the Melbourne Park Redevelopment and was responsible for overseeing the master planning for upgrading the facilities for the Australian Open Tennis Championship and in doing so secured almost a billion dollars in state government funding.
Kate is actively engaged and sought after as an independent expert commentator in the media, is a regular guest on the ABC New Breakfast programme and keynote speaker at events.
Kate is currently:
- Vice President of the Melbourne Football Club
- Chair of the Victorian Regional Channels Authority
- Chair of the Metro Trains Advisory Board
- Board Member of the Ministerial Freight Advisory Council
- Board Member Planning Review Board
- Graduate member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
Kate’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc) in Psychology at the Australian National University
- Bachelor of Applied Science (B.ASc.) in Sports Administration and Sports Science at the University of Canberra
- Doctoral Research, Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma – Company Director, Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Companion of the University of Honour, Victoria University
In her spare time, Kate enjoys watching her favourite AFL team Melbourne play, and also enjoys singing and playing the guitar and has a growing guitar collection.
Kate is responsible for Investment and Major Projects at Wyndham City and has played a critical role as Wyndham City Project lead in securing the new A League team for Melbourne’s West and developing the Public-Private-Partnership deal that will see Australia’s first privately owned sports stadium built in Wyndham.
Strategy and Policy Impact
Head of Strategy & Policy Impact: Natalie Walker
This areas comprises of:
- Excellence @ Wyndham
- IT Program
- Strategy & Stakeholder Engagement
- Information Services