Chief Executive Officer: Stephen Wall
Stephen Wall has been appointed Chief Executive of Wyndham City Council.
Mr Wall has more than two decades of experience in local government and, more recently, was Chief Executive of Maribyrnong City Council.
“I chose many years ago to commit to working in the local government sector as I firmly believe it to be the level of government that has the most direct impact on the lives of residents. I will bring energy and enthusiasm to working at Wyndham,” he said.
- Chief Executive Officer – Maribyrnong City Council: October 2014 to July 2021
- Chief Executive Officer – Surf Coast Shire Council: September 2012 to October 2014
- General Manager Corporate Services – Maribyrnong City Council: Feb 2011 to August 2012
- Director of Corporate Services – Surf Coast Shire Council: September 2005 to February 2011
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Finance, General Charles Sturt University 2003-2005
- Bachelor of Business (HR/Finance) 1998-2003
The CEO's Office comprises:
- People & Capability
- Chief Legal Counsel
- Corporate Affairs
- Chief Executive Office
Director: Allison Kenwood
Allison commenced with Council in September 2019 as Director, City Life.
Allison has over 30 years extensive experience in the health, community and human services sectors in a broad range of areas; State government in Victoria and Western Australia, Red Cross Blood Service, direct health services and not for profit organisations.
Allison has a passion for building culture and positive and inclusive communities.
Allison’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Arts, (BA) at Victoria University
- Masters of Education, Healthy Faculty (MA), University of Western Australia
In her spare time Allison likes walking her dogs, watching her daughter swim, interior design, Netflix and chocolate bullets!
The City Life Directorate is responsible for the policy, planning and delivery of all life stage services from new borns’ to aged care and everything in-between.
The City Life Directorate comprises the following departments:
- Community Planning & Development
- Libraries & Community Learning
- Community Support
- Sport & Recreation
- Service Planning, Partnering & Reform
- Social & Economic Inclusion
Director: Stephen Thorpe
Stephen commenced with Wyndham in 2012, starting as Manager Asset Management and Maintenance, then taking on the roles of Manager Assets and Roads and Manager Facilities and Recreation during 2015, before his appointment to the position of Director, City Operations in 2016.
Stephen has a broad range of knowledge, skills and experience in delivering council services. He has worked for twenty years managing a wide range of key services at four Melbourne councils, and was the Managing Director of Australian Landscape Management, a design and management consultancy, for ten years.
Stephen’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAppSc), Burnley Horticulture College, Melbourne University.
- Masters of Business Administration, (MBA), Victoria University.
In his spare time Stephen enjoys sailing, boat and furniture building, and travelling.
The City Operations Directorate ensures Wyndham is delivering essential services to public places and properties, including capital works projects, facility management, local laws enforcement, waste management, road and drain maintenance, and care of parks and gardens.
The City Operations Directorate comprises the following departments:
- City Amenity & Safety
- Facilities & Open Space
- Waste Management & Disposal
- Roads & Maintenance
- Project Management Office
City Design and Liveability
Director City Design and Liveability: Ludo Campbell-Reid
Ludo commenced with Council in 2020 as Director, City Design & Liveability.
With over 25 years of both public and private sector experience Ludo has advised Mayors, Councillors, governments, private sector organisations and communities around the world.
He is a globally renowned City Planning expert and Urban Designer thought leader. He also regularly features as a keynote speaker at international industry events.
Ludo’s qualifications include:
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Urban Design, Oxford Brookes University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Urban Design, Oxford Brookes University
- Bachelor of Arts, Honours (BA), University of Westminster, London
In his spare time Ludo enjoys surfing, rowing and skiing. He is a former member of the British Rowing Team.
The City Design & Liveability Directorate is charged with spear heading the design led urban renaissance of Wyndham and comprises the following departments:
- Urban Futures
- Climate Futures Office
- Vibrant City Centres
- City Transport
- Smart City Office
- Planning & Building
Strategy and Policy Impact
Head of Strategy & Policy Impact: Natalie Walker
Ms Walker is an urban planner and has been highly successful in executive leadership roles across a range of Councils, with strong experience and expertise in advocacy, growth area planning, service delivery and infrastructure.
Ms Walker holds a Master of Policy and Human Services and a Bachelor of Applied Science (Planning) from RMIT University.
This area comprises of:
- Excellence @ Wyndham
- IT Program
- Strategy & Stakeholder Engagement
- Information Services