Breastfeeding Information and Support group available to families with babies under the age of 12 weeks.
Group focus includes:
- Learning to breastfeed together with your baby
- Meeting new mothers
- Identify if further individual support needed
Please indicate below if you would be interested in joining a group session by completing our online form – see below.
Wyndham Council offers a Breastfeeding Support Service (BFSS) to all families living within the Wyndham area. Consultations are with an International Board-Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC).
The service runs Monday to Friday. All consultations are free of charge. They include:
- One on one consultation in a BFSS consultation room or MCHN office situated throughout the Wyndham area
- Option of phone consultation
To make an appointment complete our online form
- 24 hour Australian Breastfeeding Association Helpline (free) Phone : 1800 686 268, with interpreter: Phone: 131 450
- 24 hour Maternal and Child Helpline (free):132 229
Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) Support Services
- ABA Website for reliable, evidence based breastfeeding information and support.
- Australian Breastfeeding Association’s website LiveChat Mon – Fri 8-10pm
- mum2mum app to download
- ABA Helpline
- ABA Podcast and blog – by parents for parents
- ABA Facebook support group - This group is a space for peer encouragement and support in breastfeeding and parenting. The group is open to everyone, whether or not you are a member of ABA once approved by admin.
- ABA Local Support Groups
Australian Government Sites
- Raising Children website – the Australian parenting website
- Raising Children Website – Baby-led attachment
- Raising Children Website – Breastfeeding videos
- Raising Children Breastfeeding and Bottlefeeding
Languages Other Than English - Search for information on Breastfeeding in a language other than English
- ABA Breastfeeding with Confidence Booklet in languages other than English
- Amharic, Arabic, Assyrian, Burmese, Chinese, Croation, Dari, Dinka, Farsi, Hindi, Karen, Tamil, Vietnamese
- Raising Children information on breastfeeding, including in languages other than English
- Health Translations Directory – provides direct links to translated resources on health and wellbeing, produced in Australia
- Health Translations Directory on breastfeeding - Search for information on Breastfeeding in Language other than English
- La Leche League International Breastfeeding information
- Support In The Community: ABA Community Support
Other Breastfeeding Support Available
Hospital Services (free)
- Western Health - Sunshine Hospital: A Breastfeeding Support Service with a lactation consultant for parent/infant who has birthed there.
- Werribee Mercy Breastfeeding Support Service:Phone: 03 8754 3407. For parent/infant who has birthed there.
- Western Health (Djerriwarrh Health Services) – Bacchus Marsh: For families within Moorabool Shire, Phone (voicemail) : 53679873. Email: email@example.com (Subject Heading Attention: Breastfeeding services)
- Barwon Health – University Hospital Geelong: For parent/infant who has birthed there, or infant that has been admitted to Nursery.
Private Practice Lactation Consultants (Ibclc)
- Lactation Consultants of Australia and New Zealand: Access to professional private breastfeeding support from International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC). Individual fee structures apply.