Amendment C198 to the Wyndham Planning Scheme (303-319 Princes Highway, Werribee )
The amendment applies to 303, 305, 307, 309, 313, 317 and 319 Princes Highway Werribee.
The amendment proposes to rezone the land to a Mixed Use Zone from Industrial 3 Zone and General Residential 1 Zone and applies the Environmental Audit Overlay and Design and Development Overlay Schedule 12. The rezoning will facilitate mixed use development of the precinct.
Why is the amendment required?
The rezoning will facilitate mixed use development of the precinct.
Where you may inspect this Amendment
The amendment is available for public inspection, free of charge, during office hours at:
Wyndham City Council
45 Princes Highway
WERRIBEE VIC 3030
The amendment can also be inspected free of charge at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website at www.delwp.vic.gov.au/planning/publicinspection.
How to Comment
Any person who may be affected by the draft amendment may make their views known in writing to the Wyndham City Council.
The closing date for comments is 29th May 2017
Comments must be made in writing, referencing ‘Wyndham Planning Scheme Amendment C198 (303-319 Princes Highway, Werribee)’ and sent to:
Wyndham City Council
45 Princes Highway
WERRIBEE VIC 3030
Alternatively, comments may be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Amendment C198 - Notice of preparation (Gazette Report)
- Amendment C198 - Instruction Sheet
- Amendment C198 - Explanatory Report
- Amendment C198 - Environmental Audit Overlay
- Amendment C198 - Design & Development Overlay (Schedule 12)
- Amendment C198 - Mixed Use Zone Map
Amendment C202 - Werribee South Green Wedge Policy and Management Plan
About the Amendment
The amendment affects land within the Werribee South Green Wedge which is the area of land bounded by the Port Phillip Bay coastline to the south, the Urban Growth Boundary to the north-east, and the Princes Highway to the north-west.
The amendment proposes to implement the revised 2016 version of the Werribee South Green Wedge Policy and Management Plan in the Wyndham Planning Scheme as a reference document and amends reference to the Dryland Farming Precinct with reference to a strategic buffer.
Authorisation to prepare and publicly exhibit Amendment C202 was approved by Council at the Ordinary Council Meeting of Tuesday 29 March 2016. A copy of the Council meeting minutes (refer to Section 6.4.3, page 75) can be found here.
A number of submissions were received to Amendment C202 and considered at the Ordinary Council Meeting of Monday 28 November 2016. It was determined by Council that the submissions be referred to an independent panel. A copy of the Council meeting minutes (refer to Section 6.6.4, page 35) can be found here.
A Directions Hearing has been set by Planning Panels Victoria to be held at 10am on Monday 27 February 2017. A Panel Hearing is scheduled to commence the week of 27 March 2017. The role of the Panel is to give submitters an opportunity to be heard in an independent forum in an informal, non-judicial manner, and to give independent advice to the Planning Authority and the Minister about the proposed amendment.
The exhibited version of the Werribee South Green Wedge Policy and Management Plan can be found here.
The adopted 2010 version of the Werribee South Green Wedge Policy and Management Plan can be found here.
The track-changed version of the Werribee South Green Wedge Policy and Management Plan can be found here
Amendment C209 (Part 1) - Wyndham Dry Stone Walls Study
The Minister for Planning has approved Amendment C209 (Part 1) to the Wyndham Planning Scheme. The Amendment comes into operation on the date this notice is published in the Government Gazette.
The Amendment applies to all land in Wyndham which contains a dry stone wall constructed prior to 1940, except within the area covered by the Tarneit North and Truganina Precinct Structure Plans.
The Amendment implements recommendations of the Wyndham Dry Stone Walls Study (2015) (‘the Study’) by utilising the Heritage Overlay to provide protection to the walls, support decisions made on permit applications by a new Local Planning Policy and make consequential changes to give effect to the Study:
- Amends the Municipal Strategic Statement to include objectives and strategies relating to the protection of dry stone walls and include the Wyndham Dry Stone Walls Study (2015) as a reference document
- Introduces a Dry Stone Wall Policy into the Local Planning Policy Framework
- Amends the maps and the description of heritage places in the schedule to the Heritage Overlay to include specific references to dry stone walls where they are currently included as part of the place or are in proximity to, or associated with, existing Heritage Overlay areas
- Applies the Heritage Overlay to individual dry stone walls which form important individual groups, whether as part of major routes, or approaches to towns and apply a single Heritage Overlay to other dry stone walls in other locations as a single ‘group listing’
- Applies a single Heritage Overlay to other A and B ranked dry stone walls, as identified in the Study, in other locations as a single ‘group listing’
- Amends the schedule to Clause 52.37 Post Boxes and Dry Stone Walls to specify that a permit is only required for dry stone walls under this provision for land within the Truganina and Tarneit North Incorporated Precinct Structure Plan areas for land described as ‘existing dry stone wall to be retained’ or ‘existing dry stone wall with potential for retention’
- Amends the Schedule to Clause 52.37 on an interim basis, to include a planning permit requirement for C and D ranked walls as identified in the Study, while further heritage assessment is carried out to investigate the inclusion of C and D ranked walls in a Heritage Overlay. Once this is complete, the Schedule to Clause 52.37 will be amended to delete the reference to C and D walls, and the Schedule to the Heritage Overlay amended to include new HO precincts/groups via a new planning scheme amendment to the Wyndham Planning Scheme.
The Amendment can also be inspected by attending the offices of the Wyndham City Council, 45 Princess Highway, Werribee , or on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website at www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection
Wyndham C186 - Activity Centre Zone Schedule
The amendment applies to the land within the Werribee City Centre Activity Centre Boundary that is zoned Activity Centre Zone and covered by Schedule 1 to the Activity Centre Zone – Werribee Principal Activity Centre.
The Minister for Planning has approved Amendment C186 to the Wyndham Planning Scheme. The Amendment comes into operation on the date this notice is published in the Government Gazette.
The amendment amends Schedule 1 to the Activity Centre Zone by removing the condition specified for ‘Car park’ in Clause 3.0 – Table of Uses, Section 2 – Permit Required: that the use ‘Must not be located at ground floor level along street frontages, except for entries and exits’.
The Amendment can also be inspected by attending the offices of the Wyndham City Council, 45 Princess Highway, Werribee, or on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website. Amendments can be viewed here