Amendment C219 – Quandong Precinct Structure Plan
The Wyndham City Council has prepared Amendment C219 to the Wyndham Planning Scheme.
The land affected by the amendment is the Quandong Precinct. The Precinct is the area of land bounded by Ballan Road to the north east, Manor Lakes Precinct to the south, and the Outer Metropolitan Ring/ E6 Transport Corridor (OMR) road reservation to the west. The location of the Precinct is illustrated on the map below.
MAP 1 – C219 Amendment Area
The amendment proposes to make changes to the Wyndham Planning Scheme (the Scheme) to facilitate development of land within the Precinct in accordance with the vision of urban growth outlined in the Quandong Precinct Structure Plan, March 2018 and the West Growth Corridor Plan. It proposes to rezone part of the land to Urban Growth Zone (UGZ16) to enable the development of urban uses. The amendment also proposes to revise the Environmental Significance Overlay (ESO) Schedule 2 to remove the exemption for the removal of non-native vegetation, amend the extent of the ESO1 and ESO2 applying to the land, apply the Incorporated Plan Overlay Schedule (IPO5) to the BCS Conservation Area 13, which will remain as Rural Conservation Zone (RCZ) and making other associated changes to the Scheme.
- Wyndham C219 - Background Report March 2018 Exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - Explanatory Report Exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - Instruction Sheet Exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - Notice of Preparation of an Amendment Exhibition
Planning Scheme Maps
- Wyndham C219 - 001znMap9 Exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 002d-esoMap9 Exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 002esoMap9 Exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 003ipoMap9 Exhibition
Planning Scheme Ordinance
- Wyndham C219 - 37_07s16 wynd track changes exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 42_01s02 wynd track changes exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 43_03s05_wynd track changes exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 52_01s wynd track changes exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 52_17s wynd track changes exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 66_04s wynd track changes exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 66_06s wynd track changes exhibition
- Wyndham C219 - 81_01s wynd track changes exhibition
You may inspect the amendment, any documents that support the amendment and the explanatory report about the amendment, free of charge, at the following locations:
- during office hours, at the office of the planning authority; Wyndham City Council, Civic Centre, 45 Princes Highway, WERRIBEE
- during opening hours, at the following library; Manor Lakes Library, 86 Manor Lakes Boulevard, MANOR LAKES
- at the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website www.delwp.vic.gov.au/public-inspection
- A public drop-in information session will be held: Wednesday 2 May 2018 between 4pm and 8pm, at the Manor Lakes Community Learning Centre, 86 Manor Lakes Boulevard, Manor Lakes.
Any person who may be affected by the amendment may make a submission to the planning authority about the amendment. Submissions must be made in writing giving the submitter’s name and contact address, clearly stating the grounds on which the amendment is supported or opposed and indicating what changes (if any) the submitter wishes to make.
Name and contact details of submitters are required for council to consider submissions and to notify such persons of the opportunity to attend council meetings and any public hearing held to consider submissions. The closing date for submissions is 21 May 2018. A submission must be sent to Wyndham City Council, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee, VIC 3030; or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The planning authority must make a copy of every submission available at its office for any person to inspect free of charge for two months after the amendment comes into operation or lapses.
Manager Urban Futures
Approval of Amendment GC110 – Environmentally Sustainable Development Policy
The Minister for Planning has approved Amendment GC110 to the Brimbank, Greater Bendigo, Greater Dandenong, Hobsons Bay, Kingston, Whittlesea and Wyndham Planning Schemes. The Amendment was published in the Government Gazette and came into operation on 18 October 2018.
The amendment introduces a Local Planning Policy, to ensure that development achieves best practice in environmental sustainability, from the design stage through to construction and operation. The proposed policy sets out application requirements and requires achievement of policy objectives by completion of a Sustainable Design Assessment (SDA) or Sustainability Management Plan (SMP).
Specifically, the Amendment:
- Introduces a new Clause 22.08 (Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) into the Local Planning Policy Framework of the Wyndham Planning Scheme; and
- Updates Clauses 21.04 Environmental Risk, Clause 21.06 Built Form and Environment, Clause 21.07 Housing and Clause 21.09 Transport, to reflect the introduction of Clause 22.08 Environmentally Sustainable Development Policy http://planningschemes.dpcd.vic.gov.au/schemes/wyndham
All land in the municipality is affected by the Amendment.
The Amendment can be inspected by attending the offices of the Wyndham City Council, 45 Princess Highway, Werribee , or on the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning website at www.planning.vic.gov.au/schemes-and-amendments/browse-amendments