The Community Infrastructure Levy helps cover the cost of infrastructure in new communities including outdoor recreation areas, community centres and libraries.
Development Contributions Plans are part of the Wyndham Planning Scheme, and outline the infrastructure to be funded by the CIL in various areas.
In Wyndham, the developer normally pays the Community Infrastructure Levy direct to Council before each new residential lot is created.
However, a different arrangement now applies in respect of the following estates:
- Harpley on Black Forest Road, Werribee
- Elements on Dohertys Road, Truganina
- Habitat on Davis Road, Tarneit
- Upper Point Cook on Hacketts Roads, Point Cook
- Little Green on Leakes Road, Tarneit
- Rothwell East on Dohertys Road, Tarneit
- Grove on Davis Road, Tarneit
- Jubilee on Ballan Road, Wyndham Vale
- Riverdale Village on Davis Road
- Haven on Leakes Road, Tarneit
- Westbrook on Leakes Road, Truganina
- Cornerstone on Black Forest Road, Werribee
- Kings Leigh (stages 6 to 14 only) Alfred Road, Werribee
- Wynbrook (stages 1 to 3 only) on Hobbs Road, Wyndham Vale
- Elpis on Leakes Road, Truganina
- Wynbrook Estate (stages 1 to 3 only), Hobbs Road, Wyndham Vale
- Alwood on Alfreds Road, Werribee
- Albright Estate on Dohertys Road, Truganina
- The Glen on Wollahra Rise
- Verdant Hill Estate on Tarneit Road, Tarneit
The Community Infrastructure Levy must be paid prior to the issuing of a building permit for each dwelling in these estates. It is compulsory under Section 24(5) of the Building Act 1993.
With effect from 11 October 2016, this is $1,150 per dwelling (the limit amount for CIL payments as set by the Planning & Environment Act 1987 46(L)(2)).
Enquiries about the Community Infrastructure Levy should be emailed to Wyndham City’s Strategic Planning Unit firstname.lastname@example.org.