A permit is required for a trade waste bin or hopper to be placed on the nature strip or roadway. Under the Community Amenity Local Law you must ensure that any trade waste hopper or other waste bin is:
- constructed of appropriate material
- equipped with a removable drainage plug
- fly and vermin proof
- maintained in a clean, inoffensive and sanitary condition
- able to be connected to a reticulated water supply
- kept in a place which is fenced or screened
- emptied regularly
- equipped with a functioning lid which must be fully closed at all times other than when items are being placed within or emptied from the receptacle.
To apply for a trade waste hopper or other waste bin you need to download, complete and submit a Container Permit Application Form.
For bins at building or construction sites, use the Residential Building Site Container Permit Application Form.