Imagination Creation Writing Competition is an annual competition run by Wyndham City Libraries.
Young writers from all around Victoria are encouraged to enter as many writing pieces as they would like. Categories include both stories and poems, by writers aged 5-10 years, 11-14 years, and 15-18 years.
In this year’s competition we had 440 entries from brilliant young writers in Wyndham, and from all over Victoria. Congratulations to all who entered the 2022 competition.
Congratulations to all the winners of the Imagination Creation Writing Competition!
Terms and Conditions
2022 Imagination Creation Writing Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This competition is run by Wyndham City Council (‘Council’) in the state of Victoria, Australia only.
2. By entering this competition, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of entry. If your entry does not comply with these terms and conditions, it will not be valid and will not be accepted.
3. To be eligible to enter this competition, you must be aged between 5 and 18 and you must live in Victoria. If you are aged under 18, you must have your parent or legal guardian’s consent to enter this competition. Council staff, Councillors, judges (Nova Weetman and Margaret Campbell) and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
4. To enter the competition, you must submit an original story or poem and properly completed entry form via the Submittable website between 12:01am on 26 April 2022 and 11:59pm on 10 July 2022. Entries received outside of this period will not be accepted.
5. You acknowledge and agree that:
(a) you must create a Submittable account in order to submit your entry, which you must retain for the duration of the competition;
(c) you may request that your Submittable account be deleted at any time, however if such a request is made prior to 11 November 2022, your entry will also be deleted and as such, be invalid.
6. You may submit multiple entries, provided that each complies with these terms and conditions.
7. Your entry must:
(a) be your own original work;
(b) not contain any objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material;
(c) not infringe a third party’s intellectual property;
(d) not include your name or any details or information which may identify you;
(e) be submitted in English;
(f) be unpublished at the time of entry; and
(g) not exceed the maximum word limit below:
Age group Word limit
5-10 1000 words
11-14 1500 words
15-18 2000 words
8. Judging will commence on 11 July 2022. Entries will be shortlisted by Council staff. Shortlisted entrants will be notified by email and their entries will then be judged by external judge Nova Weetman who will determine the winners in each age group category and the Wyndham Local Award. External judge Margaret Campbell will judge the shortlisted entries to determine the winner of the Margaret Campbell Award.
9. To be eligible for the Wyndham Local Award, you must live in Wyndham.
10. A total of 14 competition winners will be chosen who will each receive a Robinsons Bookshop gift voucher in the amount as listed below. The total prize pool is valued at $1280. Refer to Robinsons Bookshop’s website for their terms and conditions for the redemption of gift vouchers.
Category Robinsons Bookshop gift voucher amount
5-10 years story First prize $100 Second prize $50
11-14 years story First prize $120 Second prize $60
15-18 years story First prize $140 Second prize $70
5-10 years poetry First prize $100 Second prize $50
11-14 years poetry First prize $120 Second prize $60
15-18 years poetry First prize $140 Second prize $70
Wyndham Local Award $100
Margaret Campbell Award $100
11. Winners will be contacted by email by 3 October 2022 and will be announced at the 2022 Imagination Creation Writing Competition Awards Night, to be held at Manor Lakes Library on 11 November 2022 from 7:30pm. You acknowledge and agree that this event may be held online if it cannot be held in person.
12. Winners’ names and the title of their winning entry will subsequently be published on Council’s website and the Libraries in Wyndham Facebook and Instagram pages on 14 November 2022. If you are a winner, you consent to the publication of your name and title of your entry in connection with this announcement.
13. If a winner cannot be contacted by 21 October 2022, Council may opt to conduct further judging to determine a new winner.
14. If a prize has not been collected by 2 December 2022, the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to conduct further judging to award the unclaimed prize.
15. You acknowledge that you retain copyright in your entry.
16. You grant Council a perpetual and royalty-free licence to publish, cause to be published or otherwise use your entry in any format whatsoever:
(a) on Council’s website;
(b) as part of an anthology to be published about the 2022 Imagination Creation Writing Competition, which will be made available electronically on Council’s website and in hard copy in each of the five branches of Wyndham City Libraries;
(c) in recordings to be played at the 2022 Imagination Creation Writing Competition Awards Night,
for the purpose of promoting the competition.
17. You acknowledge and agree that your name, as provided in your entry form, may be published in connection with the publication and/or use of your entry.
18. You indemnify and hold harmless Council, its Councillors and employees against all claims arising in connection with a breach or potential breach of these terms and conditions.
19. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
20. Council may, acting in its absolute discretion, require winners to provide evidence of their identity, age and/or that they live in Victoria.
21. Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, corrupt or invalid entries.
22. If for any reason, this competition cannot be run as planned, Council reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition and/or amend these terms and conditions.
23. Council’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Imagination Creation Young Writers' Group
Do you love getting creative with words? Come along to the Imagination Creation Young Writers' Group. Share inspiration and creativity with other young writers
in a relaxed, social environment and get writing tips from published author Margaret Campbell. Ages 5+
Werribee Library (Watton Street)
For further information visit Imagination Creation Young Writers' Group - Werribee Library
Past Imagination Creation Writing Competition Results
Download and have a look through some of the past Imagination Creation winners stories and poems.