This page provides information to help you with your school work.
As well as library books and eResources, we’ve found websites to help you from home. To explore the websites, click on the links that are in blue.
Literacy and Numeracy Resources
The library offers readers, workbooks, eBooks and eResources including interactive educational games and online study support. Click on the links below to explore.
Beginner Chapter Books
Check out the Kids Reading List page for our recommended Kids eBooks and eAudiobooks.
You can also explore the free eBooks available from these online resources:
- Oxford Owl: Includes readers, picture books and chapter books by Oxford University Press.
You can use these eResources by logging in with your library card and pin/password.
Not a library member? Join now for free.
- 10monkeys Maths World: Practise and revise your maths with these fun and motivating games and activities designed for kids in Kindergarten through to Grade 3.
- Busy Things: Learn and develop literacy and numeracy skills through exciting and colourful games designed for kids aged 3-7.
- Literacy Planet: Develop and improve your English literacy skills through engaging activities designed for students of all ages and abilities.
- Studiosity: Get expert assistance online 24/7 with subjects like writing, maths, science and more. You can also complete subject quizzes and upload your assignment drafts for feedback.
Online Program - Read with Me
Kids from Year Prep - Grade 6 can practice their reading aloud with our reading buddies. Book online for a free 15-minute session. See below for more information.
Explore these websites for information, videos, games, and activities to support learning across many subjects.
- ABC Education: ABC Education has more than 4000 free videos, interactive resources and games that are designed to support what you’re learning at school. Subjects include English, Maths, Science, Arts and more.
- Digital Technologies Hub: Activities and videos to help you explore what you can do with digital technology.
- Fuse Education: Find resources for learning and fun. Explore featured resources, discover topics and get creative with digital tools.
- Khan Academy: Try out through self-paced activities, to build a solid understanding in math, science, and more.
NAPLAN and Selective School Tests
The library offers non-fiction books, an online encyclopedia and websites to support you with your school projects. Click on the links below to explore.
The Library has Kids Information Books covering the following topics:
To search by subject visit the catalogue
- Britannica Library Online: This interactive online encyclopedia provides articles, videos, images on a wide range of topics, including Australian based information. Explore the Britannica Library by logging in with your library card and pin/password. Not a library member? Click here to join now for free.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, Culture and History
The library offers books, an online encyclopedia and websites to support you to learn about Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culture and history. Click on the links below to explore.
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Kids Fiction
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Picture Books
- Dreamtime and Creation Stories
- People and Culture
- Stolen Generations
- Britannica Library Online: This interactive online encyclopedia provides articles, videos, images on a wide range of topics, including Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culture and history. Explore the Britannica Library by logging in with your library card and pin/password. Not a library member? Click here to join now for free.
- Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies (AIATSIS): The world's most comprehensive collection of print, moving image, sound recordings and photograph materials relating to Australian Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and histories.
- Culture Victoria: Collections of videos, images and stories from traditional to contemporary life of Aboriginal people of Victoria.
- Wyndham City Council: Information about Wyndham's Aboriginal culture and history.
- Wyndham History: Information about Wyndham’s Aboriginal past. Search for information about Traditional Owners, using the search term “Aboriginal”.
- Yulunga – Traditional Indigenous Games: Over 100 games to learn about, experience and enjoy aspects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures.
The COVID-19 or Coronavirus pandemic is affecting everyone, all over the world.
Reading information and stories can help you be informed and feel supported.
Check out the Kids COVID-19 Resources page for eBooks and activity books about COVID-19, learning from home and living in lockdown.
Read with Me Online Program
Kids from Year Prep - Grade 6 can practice their reading aloud with our reading buddies.
Book online for a free 15-minute session.
Sessions run on Tuesdays and Wednesdays during the school term.
Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge
The Victorian Premiers’ Reading Challenge runs every year and kids are encouraged to read a set number of books and to record their reading efforts online.
Kids in Prep to Year 2 read 30 books including 20 from the challenge booklist
Kids in Year 3 to 6 read 15 books including 10 from the challenge booklist.
For more information about the rules, dates and how to register, visit the Challenge Webpage.
Our libraries have hundreds of books for each year level in primary school.
All the VPRC books at our libraries have a sticker for the year level, so you can easily find the books when you're in the library.