The Wyndham Writing Awards will return in 2021 to inspire, encourage and recognise emerging adult writers and literary creators.
More information coming soon!
Wyndham Writing Awards 2021 is proudly funded and supported by Arts Assist.
Come along to one of Wyndham City Libraries free weekly writing groups for adult writers of all levels of experience. Get your creative juices flowing with exercises designed to inspire and develop your writing skills in a fun and friendly environment.
Every Tuesday, 2pm-3pm
Wyndham Writing Awards 2019
The Wyndham Writing Awards 2019 short story, graphic short, poetry and flash fiction winners and shortlists were announced on 7 November 2019, and are now listed below.
Around 260 entries were received, with an impressive display of the talent from across Victoria and locally in Wyndham. To narrow the entries down to a shortlist for each category was very difficult and judges Adam Ford and Jess Parker had a hard task to pick the winners.
Print copies are available to borrow from branches.
You can also download a free digital copy here!
- Chicken Soup by Ully Merkel
- Graffiti by Mary Jones
- Remaining by Elle Parkinson
- Swan Song by Esthee Schonken [Local Encouragement Award]
- The Female Gaze by Anna Kate Blair [Winner]
Graphic Short Stories
- Babysitter by Tegan New [Local Encouragement Award]
- Birds in the Trees by Prativa Tamang [Winner]
- Encounter with Gorgons by Steve Carter
- Midnight Snack by Candice MacAllister
- Moving to Footscray by Sam Elkin
- A Little House Waits by Jaroslaw Kotiw
- City Parking by Graeme Foley
- She Will Never Forget by Sameer M. Khan [Local Encouragement Award]
- Strength by C A Clark [Winner]
- You Grew Out of the Wood by Jakob Ryce
- Breathe by Daniela Esposito [Local Encouragement Award]
- Escape by Belinda Oliver [Winner]
- Five Jacks by Kim Robyn Smith
- Parsley Green by Shira Deutsch
- Waiting to Surface by Maree Purcell
Words of Wyndham 2017
The Words of Wyndham 2017 shortlist and winners were announced on 2 November 2017.
We received around 400 entries, with an impressive display of talent from across Australia and within Wyndham. Narrowing the entries down to a shortlist for each category was very difficult, giving judges Adam Ford and Bernard Caleo a hard task in selecting the winners.
The themes of the entries range from suicide, family violence and mourning to online dating and Easter eggs.
An anthology of the winning and shortlisted entries has been published, with print copies available to borrow from Wyndham City Libraries.
Download a pdf copy here!
- A Colour Of Loss by Freya Cox
- Aviary by Tess Corbel [Winner]
- Forecast by A. Di Martino
- In the New Land by Caroline Miley
- One Hundred Strokes by Chris Childs [Local Encouragement Award]
Graphic Short Stories
- Curious-01 by Eric Le
- Katabatic by Jennifer Reuter [Local Encouragement Award]
- Modern Transport by Tegan New [Winner]
- The Secret Dreams of Mum by C.A. Clark
- Umara’s Dragons by Sharra Veltheer
- As Old as the Hills by Helen Cerne
- Charles Said by Mitchell Shepherd
- Hymn of the Wind by Christine L. Bulandus [Local Encouragement Award]
- The Watch by Melissa Favasuli
- Vagrant by Ruth Macaulay
- Your Greatest Trick by Kris Tammer [Winner]
- Carrot Cake by Linda Chen
- Dissonance by Suzi Mezei
- Into the Mist by Coral Waight
- On Trial by Daniel J. Thompson [Local Encouragement Award]
- Robbery by C. A. Broadribb
- Winnie Carver by Rebecca Handler [Winner]