A Victorian State Wide Reading Program: 1 December – 31 January, ages 0-18.
Stay tuned - we'll get in touch if you're in the prize draw!
Kids – What to Read
Unsure of what to read next? Check out the great recommendations from our Children’s Librarian’s. Reviews are posted weekly, and previous reviews can be found on the page.
Kids Reading Lists
Not sure what book to read next? Then check out our themed lists, they’re packed with great suggestions. And not just books, but also eBooks and eAudiobooks you can read or listen to on a computer, phone or device!
Terms and Conditions
BIG SUMMER READ COMPETITION – TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR COUNCIL PRIZES
- The Big Summer Read Competition is run by Public Libraries Victoria (‘PLV’) and is supported by Wyndham City Council (‘Council’).
- PLV is administering the competition in accordance with their terms and conditions.
- In addition to the prizes being offered by PLV as part of the state-wide prize draw, Council has provided two additional prizes to be awarded by PLV to eligible entrants. Council’s prizes are:
- 1 x Museums Victoria Household membership, valued at $99. Refer to Museums Victoria’s website for terms and conditions relating to memberships.
- 1 x Zoos Victoria Adult Yearly Pass, valued at $126. Refer to Zoos Victoria’s website for terms and conditions relating to yearly passes.
- To be eligible to receive one of Council’s prizes, competition entrants must:
- live in Victoria;
- be a member of the Wyndham Library Service;
- be 18 years of age or less;
- if they are under 18, have their parent or legal guardian’s consent to enter the competition; and
- not be an immediate family member of a Council staff member or a Councillor.
- The competition winners, including the winners of the Council prizes, will be drawn by PLV on 6 February 2023. PLV will advise Council of the winners of the Council prizes. Council will contact those winners for the purposes of facilitating the collection of their prize from their preferred Wyndham City Libraries branch.
- If Council cannot contact a winner by Monday 13th February 2023, Council may request that PLV conduct a further draw to determine a new winner.
- If a prize is not collected by Monday 27th February 2023, Council may request that PLV conduct a further draw to award the unclaimed prize.
- Council may, acting in its entire discretion, amend these conditions at any time without prior notice.
- Council and PLV’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.