Cr Heather Marcus was first elected to Council in 2005, and is currently serving her fifth term as an Iramoo Ward Councillor.
Cr Marcus also served as Mayor of Wyndham City during the 2010/11 and 2012/13 terms.
A passionate advocate for the region, and a resident of Wyndham since 1969, Cr Marcus ran a successful building company, building many houses in Wyndham. She also ran a successful retail business in Watton Street, Werribee, for over 30 years. Currently she is an event co-ordinator organising large events in the City.
Cr Marcus is a:
- Multicultural Ambassador with Mental Health Foundation Australia
- Board Member of the Werribee Racing Club
- Director of Wyndham Fashion Awards
- Director of Fashion Awards Australia
- Director of Australian Gown of the Year
- Debutante Balls Co-Ordinator
- Member of the Werribee City Centre Landowners Group
- Manor Lakes Community Grants Panel
Cr Marcus is also Council's Destination Wyndham portfolio holder. This exciting portfolio celebrates the many tourism attractions Wyndham has to offer and explores ways Wyndham can continue to attract visitors and businesses to the region by developing strategies to capitalise on Wyndham's natural assets and local attractions. Cr Marcus looks forward to working with the market gardeners and supporting them in what is now one of the largest food bowls in Australia.
Mobile: 0400 533 371