The Maternal and Child Health (MCH) is a free service available for all Victorian families with children from birth to school age, regardless of Medicare or visa status.
Our MCH team can help you and your child stay healthy and safe from when your child is born until they start kindergarten.
We provide different types of support, including:
- Maternal and Child Health Key Age and Stage (KAS) visits
- Breastfeeding Support
- Sleep and Settling program
- Enhanced MCH program for families who may need extra support
- Groups for new parents
- Referrals and connections to local support services
To ensure each family across Wyndham have access to the information from our MCH services, we have developed the below tool. It's a video that you can interact with by clicking on different options. By using this tool, you can learn about your child's growth and development between the ages of four months to four years.
More Information and Resources
- Maternal and Child Health app is a FREE app where you can access all your child’s health and Information on your mobile device
- Maternal Child Health Line is available on 13 22 29. The Line is staffed 24 hours, 7 days a week by qualified MCH Nurses and provides confidential support and advice about the care and health of your child (from birth to school age)
- Australian Breastfeeding Association has Information on breastfeeding and access to local support groups. For 24/7 helpline for breastfeeding mothers, call 1800 686 268.
- Wyndham Child & Family Directory provides information about early years services and supports available for children 0-12 years old and their parents.
- PANDA: Supports women, men and families affected by anxiety and depression during pregnancy and early parenthood. National helpline (Mon-Sat): 1300 726 306
- Raising Children Network has extensive information on all aspects of parenting.
- Royal Children’s Hospital’s general fact sheets and information on specific illnesses
- Tweddle: Sleep support for parents of babies and children. Website includes referral information for day and residential programs and fact sheets
For any questions, please call Wyndham City Council on 1300 370 567 and request to speak with MCH team.
- Interpreting services: If you need an interpreter, call TIS National on 131 450 and they will connect you to us.
- If you are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment: Visit the National Relay Service (NRS) to contact us with the right support for you.