Harrison Ward Councillor, Kim McAliney, was elected to Council in 2016.
First elected in 2005 to 2012 Cr McAliney was Wyndham’s Mayor for 2007/8 and 2011/12 and Deputy Mayor in 2009/10 and 2016/17.
Raising two sons, with a career spanning over 25 years, Cr McAliney has worked at accountancy firms, in the aged care and retirement sector, a multi-national company and a National Crisis Counselling service and held numerous board directorships.
Cr McAliney is FCPA qualified, has an Advanced Diploma in Public Safety (E.Mgt) and is a Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD).
A Director of the Greater Metropolitan Cemeteries Trusts (GMCT) since 2013 and appointed Director of Think Pink Foundation in 2019, Cr McAliney has also been a member of the Victorian Veterans Council since 2016 and is a former Chair of the Salvation Army State Social Command – Victoria and City West Water.
Cr McAliney is Council’s Safer Communities Portfolio Holder, which covers perceptions of safety, justice, family violence, gender equity and emergency management and is Council’s delegated representative on the following internal and external advisory committees:
- Audit and Risk management Committee
- Gender Equity Advisory Committee
- Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee
- Roadsafe Westgate Community Road Safety Council
- Werribee City Centre Safety Committee
- Victorian State Government's Community Advisory Group
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 0429 943 623