The Way Out West Youth Photography Competition is turning 5 in 2020!
Upload your photo below for your chance to win 1 of the 5 prizes up for grabs. Maximum 1 entry per person.
Entrants must be aged between 12 and 25 and live, work, go to school or socialise in Wyndham.
Entrants will be encouraged to submit images using the prize categories as creative prompts:
- Grand Prize ($500): Awarded to the best photograph in the competition based on content and artistic merit
- Way Out West Prize ($100): Awarded to the image that best captures life in Wyndham
- Best Landscape ($100): Awarded to the image that best captures a landscape
- Best Black and White Image ($100): Awarded to the image that uses black and white effects with the greatest skill/creativity
- Best Use of Colour ($100): Awarded to the image that uses/captures colour with the greatest skill/creativity
Entries close at 4pm on Friday 26 June 2020.
The winners will be announced on 30 July 2020 on Council’s website and social medias pages.
For more information please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can call Youth Services on 9742 0777 or Library Services on 8734 2600.
Proudly supported by Wyndham City Council’s Youth Services and Library Services.
Way Out West Photography Competition Terms and Conditions
- This competition is run by Wyndham City Council in the state of Victoria, Australia only.
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of entry. If your entry does not comply with these terms and conditions, it will not be valid and will not be accepted.
- Entry is restricted to amateur photographers aged between 12 and 25 years who live, work, go to school or socialise in Wyndham. For the purposes of this competition, an ‘amateur photographer’ is defined as someone who has earned less than $10,000 in the current or any past financial year from any photography related activity, including competitions, and/or does not hold themselves or represent themselves in any way, including on social media, as being a professional photographer.
- Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain their parent or guardian’s consent to enter this competition. Council staff, Councillors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- To enter the competition, you must upload your photograph at www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/wayoutwest between 9:00am on 23 March 2020 and 4:00pm on 26 June 2020. Entries received outside of this period will not be accepted.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Entries will not be returned at the end of the competition.
- Entries must be in a HEIF, HEIC or JPEG format and no more than 10mb in file size.
- Entries must be the entrant’s own original work and must not contain any objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material, or infringe a third party’s intellectual property.
- Where a person is capable of being identified in a photograph, the entrant must obtain that person’s consent to be photographed and to enter the competition. Evidence of such consent must be provided to Council upon request.
- The competition will be judged on 2 July 2020 at the Plaza Library by a panel of 3 judges. A total of five winners will be chosen – one from each category based on the judging criteria below. Each winner will receive a framed copy of their photograph (valued at $100) and the cash prize amount listed below. The total prize pool is valued at $1,400.
Cash prize amount
Best photograph based on content and artistic merit
Way Out West Prize
Photograph that best captures life in Wyndham
Photograph that best captures a landscape
Best Black and White Image
Photograph that uses black and white effects with the greatest skill/creativity
Best Use of Colour
Photograph that uses or captures colour with the greatest skill/creativity
- Winners will be announced on 30 July 2020 on Council’s website and social media pages and at the 2020 Way Out West Youth Photography Exhibition (Time, date and location to be confirmed) Winners consent to the publication of their names on Council’s website and social media pages.
- If a winner cannot be contacted by 6 August 2020 Council may opt to conduct further judging to determine a new winner.
- If a prize has not been claimed by 28 August 2020 the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to conduct further judging to award the unclaimed prize.
- The entrant will retain copyright of the entrant’s photograph.
- The entrant grants Council an exclusive, perpetual and royalty-free licence to publish, cause to be published or otherwise use the entrant’s photograph in any format whatsoever:
- as part of the 2020 Way Out West Youth Photography Exhibition (time, date and location to be confirmed) and the 2020 Way Out West Youth Photography Travelling Exhibition at Council’s Library branches, Youth Resource Centre and Civic Centre (dates to be confirmed);
- in a book to be published about the 2020 Way Out West Youth Photography competition; and
- in any Council promotional material, including Council’s websites and social media pages.
- The entrant consents to being photographed at the Way Out West Youth Photography Exhibition and agrees that Council may publish or cause to be published the photographs in any form whatsoever.
- The entrant must indemnify and hold harmless Council, its councillors and employees against all claims arising in connection with a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Council may, acting in its entire discretion, require winners to provide evidence of their identity, age and/or proof that they live, study, work or socialise in Wyndham.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, corrupt or invalid submissions.
- If for any reason the competition cannot be run as planned, Council reserves the right, acting in its entire discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition.
- Council’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.