Be part of Wyndham’s Way Out West Youth Photography Competition and exhibition!
Upload your photo below for your chance to win 1 (or more!) of the 6 prizes up for grabs. Maximum 1 entry per person.
Young People aged 12-25 years old and must live, work, go to school or recreate in Wyndham.
Entrants will be encouraged to submit images using the prize categories as creative prompts:
- Grand Prize $500: Awarded to the best photograph in the competition based on content and artistic merit.
- Way Out West Prize $100: Awarded to the image that best captures life in Wyndham.
- Best Landscape $100: Awarded to the image that best captures a landscape.
- Best Black and White Image $100: Awarded to the image that uses black and white effects with the greatest skill/creativity.
- Best Use of Colour $100: Awarded to the image that uses/captures colour with the greatest skill/creativity.
- Funniest Image $100: Awarded to the image that best captures a humorous moment.
Competition opens from Monday 18 March 2019 and closes Friday 17 May 2019.
Terms & Conditions
WAY OUT WEST PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition is run by Wyndham City Council in the state of Victoria, Australia only.
- By entering this competition, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of entry. If your entry does not comply with these terms and conditions, it will not be valid and will not be accepted.
- Entry is restricted to amateur photographers aged between 12 and 25 years who live, work, go to school or socialise in Wyndham. For the purposes of this competition, an ‘amateur photographer’ is defined as someone who has earned less than $10,000 in the current or any past financial year from any photography related activity, including competitions, and/or does not hold themselves or represent themselves in any way, including on social media, as being a professional photographer.
- Entrants aged under 18 years must obtain their parent or guardian’s consent to enter this competition. Council staff, Councillors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- To enter the competition, you must upload your photograph at www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/wayoutwest between 9:00am on 18 March 2019 and 4:00pm on 17 May 2019. Entries received outside of this period will not be accepted.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Entries will not be returned at the end of the competition.
- Entries must be in a JPEG format and no more than 10mb in file size.
- Entries must be the entrant’s own original work and must not contain any objectionable, profane, insulting, inflammatory or defamatory material, or infringe a third party’s intellectual property.
- Where a person is capable of being identified in a photograph, the entrant must obtain that person’s consent to be photographed and to enter the competition. Evidence of such consent must be provided to Council upon request.
- The competition will be judged on 23 May 2019 at the Plaza Library by a panel of 3 judges. A total of six winners will be chosen – one from each category based on the judging criteria below. Each winner will receive the cash prize amount listed below (total prize pool valued at $1,000).
Cash prize amount
Best photograph based on content and artistic merit
Way Out West Prize
Photograph that best captures life in Wyndham
Photograph that best captures a landscape
Best Black and White Image
Photograph that uses black and white effects with the greatest skill/creativity
Best Use of Colour
Photograph that uses or captures colour with the greatest skill/creativity
Photograph that best captures a humorous moment
- Winners will be announced on 20 June 2019 at the Way Out West Youth Photography Exhibition at Point Cook Library and published on Council’s website and social media pages. Winners consent to the publication of their names on Council’s website and social media pages.
- If a winner cannot be contacted by 28 June 2019 Council may opt to conduct further judging to determine a new winner.
- If a prize has not been claimed by 5 July 2019 the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to conduct further judging to award the unclaimed prize.
- The entrant will retain copyright of the entrant’s photograph.
- The entrant grants Council an exclusive, perpetual and royalty-free licence to publish, cause to be published or otherwise use the entrant’s photograph in any format whatsoever:
- as part of the Way Out West Youth Photography Exhibition at Point Cook Library on 20 June 2019 and the Way Out West Youth Photography Travelling Exhibition from June 2019 until December 2019 at Council’s Library branches, Youth Resource Centre and Civic Centre;
- in a book to be published about the Way Out West Youth Photography competition; and
- in any Council promotional material, including Council’s websites and social media pages.
- The entrant consents to being photographed at the Way Out West Youth Photography Exhibition and agrees that Council may publish or cause to be published the photographs in any form whatsoever.
- The entrant must indemnify and hold harmless Council, its councillors and employees against all claims arising in connection with a breach of these terms and conditions.
- Prizes are not transferable.
- Council may, acting in its entire discretion, require winners to provide evidence of their identity, age and/or proof that they live, study, work or socialise in Wyndham.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, corrupt or invalid submissions.
- Council’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Thank you for entering the Way Out West Photography competition. Winners will be announced at the Exhibition opening on Thursday 20 June 2019, 6pm at Point Cook Library, Cheetham Rd, Point Cook.
Way Out West Committee
The winners will be announced at the exhibition opening held on 20 June 2019 at the Point Cook Library, which will feature the work of all entrants.
The exhibition will travel to each Library branch, the Youth Resource Centre and Civic Centre in the months following the opening, showcasing the creative talents of local young people.
For more information please email email@example.com. Alternately you can call Youth Services on 9742 0777 or Library Services on 8734 0200.
Proudly supported by Wyndham City Council’s Youth Services and Library Services.
Free photography workshops
Free photography workshops are being held throughout Wyndham in the lead up to the exhibition. To book your spot visit the Library’s Events Calendar.
Werribee Library Wednesday 3 April 4pm-5:30pm
Manor Lakes Library Wednesday 1 May 3:30pm-5pm
Point Cook Library Wednesday 8 May 4pm-5:30pm
Plaza Library Wednesday 15 May 4pm-5:30pm
Youth Resource Centre Monday 8 April 10am – 4pm
To book your spot visit the Library’s Events Calendar.