Enter Wyndham’s annual Youth Photography Competition with an image that captures the theme ‘way out west’.
Get creative and think outside the box - how you interpret the theme is up to you!
It could be about life on the west side, cowboys, the western-most point of your backyard, your local footy team.
- Upload your photos to Instagram and use #wowwyndham17 - Make sure your profile is set to public!
- Open to young people aged between 13 - 25 who live, work, study or recreate in Wyndham
- Maximum 4 entries per person
- Competition runs: 17 January – 17 March 2017
- Winners announced 6pm, Friday 31 March during the Exhibition Opening at the Plaza Library, Hoppers Crossing
- Grand Prize: $500 voucher
- Highly Commended: $100 voucher
- Best Landscape: $100 voucher
- Best Black and White Image: $100 voucher
- Best Use of Colour: $100 voucher
- Funniest Image: $100 voucher
Terms and Conditions
- All sections and information in this document form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions on the part of the participant and their parent/guardian (where applicable). The Promoter is Wyndham City Council (ABN: 38 393 903 860), PO Box 197 Werribee.
- The Way Out West Youth Photography Competition is open to individuals aged 13-25 who live, work, study or recreate in Wyndham.
- Entries open 12am (AEST) 17 January 2017 and close 11.59pm (AEST) 17 March 2017.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- The number of entries is limited to 4 per person.
- Once an entry has been submitted it cannot be replaced by another entry.
- Photographs submitted must be the entrant’s own work.
- The competition is only open to amateur photographers. ‘Amateur’ is defined as someone who is not currently earning their primary or regular income as a photographer.
- Wyndham City Council employees, Way Out West Youth Photography Competition sponsors and Way Out West Youth Photography Competition adjudicators are ineligible to enter.
- Relatives and household members of Wyndham City Council employees may enter the competition, but must disclose this relationship during the registration process.
- Wyndham City Council reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at Wyndham City Council’s discretion. Failure by Wyndham City Council to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
- Entrants who submit their image/s are subject to Instagram's terms and conditions as stated on their site: http://instagram.com/about/legal/terms
- To enter the competition the hashtag #wowwyndham17 must be used. Photographs without the hashtag #wowwyndham17 will not be accepted.
- Due to an expected large number of submissions, Wyndham City Council cannot acknowledge receipt of entries.
- Photographs deemed to be inappropriate or offensive will not be accepted into the Way Out West Youth Photography Competition and will be reported to Instagram for removal. Entries received during the competition will be moderated by representatives of Wyndham City Council to ensure that content posted is not illegal, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, indecent, libellous, hateful, obscene, or otherwise injurious to third parties or are otherwise objectionable.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that all subjects within photographs submitted to the Way Out West Youth Photography Competition give permission for their image to appear in publications, online and print media, and be shown in the Way Out West Youth Photography Competition exhibition.
- Entrants photographing children must adhere to protocols developed by the Australia Council before entering the Way Out West Youth Photography Competition.
- Copyright remains with the photographer, however by entering the Way Out West Youth Photography Competition the photographer grants Wyndham City Council license to use the photographs and the entrant’s full name for promotional purposes including publication in online and print media.
- Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the internet service provider used.
- Wyndham City Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence, whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. Wyndham City Council is not liable for any consequences of user error including without limitation, costs incurred.
- It is the responsibility of the entrants to ensure that their contact details are correct. Entrants must notify Wyndham City Council of any changes to their contact details prior to the date that winners are announced. Wyndham City Council will not be liable if it cannot contact any winner because of any incorrect contact details provided to it by an entrant.
- The Way Out West Youth Photography Competition prize winners will be chosen by the competition’s adjudicating panel. The decisions made by the adjudicators are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be announced at the Way Out West Exhibition Opening and posted to Instagram on 31 March 2017. The winners will be notified in writing via Instagram within 2 working days of the announcement.
- Prizes are non-negotiable.
- If any prize is unavailable, Wyndham City Council reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to substitute the prize with a prize of equal value and/or specification of the equal prize.
- Wyndham City Council reserves the right to select a new winner in the event of a winner being unable to satisfy these terms and conditions. Wyndham City Council will award the prize to the entry deemed to be the next best entry. The winner/s, if any, will be notified in writing via Instagram within 2 working days of the rejudging.
- Prizes are awarded subject to the standard terms and conditions of the individual prize and service providers.
- If for any reason a winner does not take ownership of the prize by the time and date stipulated by Wyndham City Council, the prize will be forfeited.
- Wyndham City Council, its affiliates and agents are not responsible in any way for the content or descriptions included by entrants, nor do they necessarily endorse the content or descriptions.
- If the Way Out West Youth Photography Competition is interfered with in any way, or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Wyndham City Council, including but not limited to: technical difficulties, tampering, infection by computer virus or bug, bad weather or other acts of God, unauthorised intervention or fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of Wyndham City Council which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition, Wyndham City Council reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to (a) disqualify any entrant; (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition as appropriate.
- Wyndham City Council will not be responsible for any act, omission, failure or delay not reasonably within its control.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
- Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Wyndham City Council (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential arising in any way from this competition, including but not limited to: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not after their receipt by Wyndham City Council); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Wyndham City Council; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) the acceptance and use of the prize by the entrant or any other person; (g) if this competition is cancelled, terminated, modified or suspended; (h) if an entrant is disqualified.