Section 131 and 134 of the Local Government Act 1989 requires all Councils to prepare and consider an Annual Report.
The Annual Report 2017/18 provides an overview of Council’s work and delivery over the year, with highlights of key projects and initiatives.
The report contains Council’s audited financial statement and provides a snapshot of the Council organisation, its elected Councillors, and a summary of how Council performed against operational targets.
This year, Council transformed the Annual Report into an interactive web-based format, moving away from the traditional print. This format provides the community with a new way of engaging with the report in an accessible way.
Council adopted the 2016/17 Annual Report at the Special Council Meeting held on 23 October 2018.
Highlights in 2017/18
Wyndham City’s successes over the year represent a range of activities, events and milestone achievements, including:
- Construction of the Wyndham Integrated Family and Child Centre and Aboriginal Community Centre has commenced and is on track for completion by mid-2019.
- New kindergartens opened in Tarneit North and Wyndham Vale to meet the immediate needs of Wyndham’s increasing demand for kindergarten places.
- Completion of the $11.75 million Chirnside Park redevelopment including a regional level pavilion and facilities for women’s football.
- Major road upgrades including Armstrong Road and Bulban Road to reduce congestion and improve safety.
- Construction commenced of the $3.8 million sports pavilion as part of a new sporting hub in Williams Landing.
- Delivery of Council’s first ever WYNnovation the inaugural innovation and entrepreneurship festival to assist companies to adapt and evolve to meet the ever-changing needs of their customers.
- Council has strengthened its advocacy role by seeking Federal and State funding for various transport projects as well as providing submissions and facilitating discussions on regional transport projects.
Further information on the performance and financial results and a full list of achievements can be found within the 2017/18 Annual Report.
For more information contact: email@example.com