Waste & Recycling Transfer Station
Residents are encouraged to recycle as much of their bulk waste at the Waste & Recycling Transfer Station to avoid it being sent to landfill. All items must be separated and placed into the appropriate bins in order to be recycled. The transfer station is located after the weighbridge at the Tip.
The following items are accepted for recycling free of charge:
- Motor oil (up to 15 litres)
- Light globes and tubes (Household quantities)
- Mobile phones
- Electrical Waste – all items with a plug, e.g. televisions, small appliances, computers and accessories
- Hard plastics - Types 1-7
- Paint (up to 20 litres)
- Glass bottles, jars and steel or aluminium cans
Chemicals such as petrol, thinners and acetone can not be disposed of at the Transfer Station. Please visit www.sustainability.vic.gov.au/detoxyourhome for safe disposal options near you.
The following incur a fee to be recycled:
- Gas cylinders
- Steel – e.g. old car bodies
- Car tyres
- White goods, e.g. washing machine, fridges
- Green Waste
Shredded green waste is available on site for residents free of charge. Pick up only. Wyndham City does not accept any responsibility for the quality of shredded material available.
When you visit we encourage you to browse the Resale Shed where you can purchase second hand goods. Come along and find assorted treasure including furniture, cupboards, tools, books, etc. Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am-12:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-12pm.
The Waste & Recycling Transfer Station:
- Located at the Municipal Tip (Refuse Disposal Facility), 470 Wests Rd, Werribee
- Phone 9742 0777
- Open - Weekdays: 8am-4pm. Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays: 8.30am-4pm
- Closed on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Good Friday
Community Recycling Stations
Wyndham City has seven Recycling Stations across the municipality for you to recycle some common household items including:
- Printer cartridges
- CD’s and DVD’s
- Light globes and tubes**
- Mobile phones & accessories
Do not place anything other than the specified items into each of the bins.
** Point Cook Community Learning Centre does not accept light globes
The Recycling Stations are located at:
- Wyndham City Civic Centre, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee
- Arndell Park Community Learning Centre, 29-49 Federation Boulevard, Truganina
- Manor Lakes Community Learning Centre, 86 Manor Lakes Blvd, Wyndham Vale
- Tarneit Community Learning Centre, 150 Sunset Views Boulevard, Tarneit
- Featherbrook Community Learning Centre, 33-35 Windorah Dr, Point Cook
- Plaza Library (downstairs foyer), Pacific Werribee Shopping Centre Derrimut Road, Werribee.
- Point Cook Community Learning Centre, 1-21 Cheetham Street Point Cook
Discounted Compost bins and Worm farms
Did you know on average half our household garbage is food waste? You can turn food scraps into nutrient rich compost for your garden by using a worm farm or compost bin at home.
Sign up to Wyndham’s Halving Household Waste program to be eligible for up to 50% off a compost bin or worm farm. To join the program visit Worm Lovers and it’s as simple as placing an online order and being a Wyndham resident to be eligible.
Worm Farms and Compost bins provide an easy way to reduce waste sent to landfill, cutting down on greenhouse gases and returning nutrients back into the soil. So sign up today!
Detox Your Home – Recycling Household Chemicals
Detox your Home is a safe, free and easy-to-use service to dispose of unwanted, highly toxic household chemicals without harming your health or the environment. Take your chemicals to your closest free drop off event. To find out where, when and how to register, go to Sustainability Victoria or call 1300 363 744. This free service is safe for you and the environment.
The collected items are recycled for recovery and diverted from landfill. The program is administered by Sustainability Victoria in collaboration with local councils and funded by the Victorian landfill levy.
Wyndham City manages a drumMUSTER collection site for the collection and recycling of cleaned, rinsed, non returnable crop drums. All eligible containers have the drumMuster logo. DrumMUSTER is a free collection program for any resident or business with these containers. Collections occur on the first Wednesday of the month 1pm-3pm.
The drumMUSTER location is Diggers Road Hall, corner Diggers Road and Whites Road, Werribee South. All drums are inspected by trained drum inspectors and are stored in a secure cage onsite. When full, this cage is emptied and drums are taken away for recycling.
Community Education Sessions
Wyndham City offers a series of free waste, recycling and litter education sessions to schools, business or community groups. To book in or find out more please contact email@example.com