Waste & Recycling Transfer Station
Residents are encouraged to recycle as much of their bulk waste at the Waste & Recycling Transfer Station to avoid it being sent to landfill. All items must be separated and placed into the appropriate bins in order to be recycled. The transfer station is located after the weighbridge at the Tip.
The following items are accepted for recycling free of charge:
- Motor oil (up to 15 litres)
- Light globes and tubes (Household quantities)
- Mobile phones
- Electrical Waste – all items with a plug, e.g. televisions, small appliances, computers and accessories
- Hard plastics - Types 1-7
- Paint (up to 15 litres)
- Glass bottles, jars and steel or aluminium cans
The following incur a fee to be recycled:
- Gas cylinders
- Steel – e.g. old car bodies
- Car tyres
- White goods, e.g. washing machine, fridges
- Green Waste
Shredded green waste is available on site for residents free of charge. Pick up only. Wyndham City does not accept any responsibility for the quality of shredded material available.
When you visit we encourage you to browse the Resale Shed where you can purchase second hand goods. Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9:30am-12:30pm, Saturday & Sunday 10am-12pm.
The Waste & Recycling Transfer Station:
- Located at the Tip, 470 Wests Rd, Werribee
- Phone 9742 0777
- Open - Weekdays: 8am-4pm. Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays: 8.30am-4pm
- Closed on Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Good Friday
Community Recycling Stations
Wyndham City has six Recycling Stations across the municipality for you to recycle some common household items including:
- Printer cartridges
- CD’s and DVD’s
- Light globes and tubes
- Mobile phones & accessories
Do not place anything other than the specified items into each of the bins.
The Recycling Stations are located at:
- Wyndham City Civic Centre, 45 Princes Highway, Werribee
- Arndell Park Community Learning Centre, 29-49 Federation Boulevard, Truganina
- Point Cook Community Learning Centre, 1-21 Cheetham Street, Point Cook
- Wyndham Vale Community Learning Centre, 86 Manor Lakes Blvd, Wyndham Vale
- Tarneit Community Learning Centre, 150 Sunset Views Boulevard, Tarneit
Compost Revolution Program
Did you know on average half our household garbage is food waste? You can turn most food scraps into nutrient rich compost for your garden by using a worm farm or compost bin at home.
Sign up to Wyndham City’s Compost Revolution Program to be eligible for 50% discounted compost bins and worm farms. To join the program visit Compost Revolution and it’s as simple as completing a quick tutorial and quiz to be eligible.
Worm Farms and Compost bins provide an easy way to reduce waste sent to landfill, cutting down on greenhouse gases and returning nutrients back into the soil. So sign up today!
Detox Your Home – Recycling Household Chemicals
Detox your Home is a safe, free and easy-to-use service to dispose of unwanted, highly toxic household chemicals without harming your health or the environment. Take your chemicals to your closest free drop off event. To find out where, when and how to register, go to Sustainability Victoria or call 1300 363 744. This free service is safe for you and the environment.
The collected items are recycled for recovery and diverted from landfill. The program is administered by Sustainability Victoria in collaboration with local councils and funded by the Victorian landfill levy.
Wyndham City manages a drumMUSTER collection site for the collection and recycling of cleaned, rinsed, non returnable crop drums. All eligible containers have the drumMuster logo. DrumMUSTER is a free collection program for any resident or business with these containers. Collections occur on the first Wednesday of the month 1pm-3pm.
The drumMUSTER location is Diggers Road Hall, corner Diggers Road and Whites Road, Werribee South. All drums are inspected by trained drum inspectors and are stored in a secure cage onsite. When full, this cage is emptied and drums are taken away for recycling.
Garage Sale Trail
The Garage Sale Trail is a fun, community event to recycle, reuse and repurpose items in garages across Australia.
Wyndham City took part in the 2015 Garage Sale Trail which was a great success. On the day there were 147 local sales with over 29,000 items for sale.
Quick Facts - 2015 Garage Sale Trail
- 147 garage sales were held within the Wyndham City (highest number of sales in the state!!)
- $62,467 total funds generated at garage sales within Wyndham
- 1005 shopping trolleys of items were kept out of landfill within Wyndham
- 29,535 items for sale on the day within Wyndham
- 6499 residents involved on the day (sellers & shoppers)
- Average household sale within Wyndham made $391
Quick Facts - 2014 Garage Sale Trail
- 111 garage sales were held within the Wyndham City (third highest amount of sales in the state!)
- An average of 6.7 shopping trolleys of ‘stuff’ was redistributed per household sale in Wyndham.
- 744 shopping trolleys of items was kept out of landfill
- 31,010 items for sale on the day within Wyndham.
- Average household sale within Wyndham made $390
For further details visit the Garage Sale Trail website.
Community Education Sessions
Wyndham City offers a series of free waste, recycling and litter education sessions to schools, business or community groups. To book in or find out more please contact email@example.com