- 153 Saltwater Promenade
- (03) 8376 5500
Saltwater Community Centre will be closed to the general public from Thursday 19 March until further notice.
This closure is part of nation-wide efforts to reduce the spread and impact of COVID-19, Wyndham City will be closing a number of Council venues including Libraries, Community Centres and Halls, Youth Resource Centres, Wyndham Cultural Centre, Wyndham Art Gallery, Encore Events Centre and Werribee Visitor Information Centre.
For more information: www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/covid19
We encourage local groups, health services practitioners, training organisations, service organisations, artists & performers, support & social groups and those looking for meeting space to consider this centre as an option.
- Community Centre
- Maternal & Child Health Consulting
Rooms available for hire
- Community Art Studio: 15 Seated
- Community Room 2: 50 seated
- Community Room 3: 50 seated
(Rooms 2 & 3 can open up to one big hall)
- Consulting Room: 5 people seated
- Meeting Room: 10 people seated
- Amphitheatre: 100 people seated
- Community Lounge 20 people seated
Facilities & Equipment
- Full Disability access across one floor facility
- Fully equipped kitchen
- All access toilet with adult hoist, baby changing facilities and shower
- Community Garden with potting shed, storage, outdoor toilets, disabled access and rainwater catchment tanks
- Two car parks
- Outdoor BBQ deck with audio speakers, ceiling fans and lighting
- Community Lounge with tea & coffee facilities, book exchange and on demand air conditioning
- Exhibition space incudes hanging rails, display cabinets for 3D work and spotlighting
- Community rooms include unisex toilet, partition walls, sprung floors, storage, AV equipment, projector with drop down screen, lectern & microphones, audio induction loop for the hearing impaired, on demand air conditioning, ceiling fans, high level acoustic attenuation, window louvres and adjustable lighting
- Art studio includes storage, drainage, extraction, air particle detection, AV equipment and ceiling fans
- Amphitheatre includes natural shade, lighting, PA boxes and stage & seating lighting
- Public WiFi
- PA system
- Baby feeding station
- Informal community lounge
- Integrated site specific art works
- Sustainable features
Rooms are suitable for
- Recreational programs
- Training and Seminars
- Art fabrication
All functions must be completed by:
- Monday - Thursday - 10pm sharp
- Friday - Saturday - 11pm sharp
- Sunday - 10pm sharp
Note: set up and pack up times are required to be within starting and finishing times.
- 4 accessible car parks (2 at each entrance)
- Level entry at both entrances of the Centre, automated doors at Kirra Park entry
- Accessible bathroom with change table, hoist and shower facilities (RH)
- Accessible bathroom in courtyard (RH)
- Hearing loop in community rooms 1 & 2
- Braille signage throughout the Centre
Make a Booking
To make a booking or enquire about hiring rates and charges email Saltwatercc@wyndham.vic.gov.au or call (03) 8376 5500.
To view each of the rooms in the virtual tour, click on the name of the venue at the top left and then choose the required room from the drop down list.
On a desktop or laptop device, the tour will rotate automatically. On a touch screen device, swipe the image to rotate through the view. Use the controls at the bottom of the virtual tour to manually control the tour.