Latest gardening information and tips to help you save money and create a sustainable and vibrant garden at home.
My Smart Garden
Wyndham City is a participating Council of My Smart Garden along with Moonee Valley, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong and Brimbank Councils.
My smart garden is a free sustainable gardening program that helps you get started growing food and transforming your outdoor space ( yards, balconies or pots) into a beautiful, functional garden.
They can help you become more resilient and lower your bills by producing food, shading your home from summer heat and turning waste into valuable resources.
The program takes a holistic approach to sustainable home gardening across five elements:
- Food: improving access to healthy, local and sustainably produced food;
- Shelter: planting trees and vines to create a greener, more comfortable microclimate that is sheltered from sun and wind and more resilient to the changing climate;
- Waste: recycling food and other organic waste into valuable organic mulch and fertiliser;
- Water: capturing and using rainwater and greywater wisely; and
- Habitat: support biodiversity by planting food and habitat for beneficial insects, native plants, birds and animals.
Check out the My Smart Garden website for upcoming workshops and sign up for the newsletter to get more gardening tips!
Sustainable Gardening Australia
Sustainable Gardening Australia (SGA) is a not-for-profit non-government organization dedicated to helping you achieve a healthy biodiverse, vibrant and sustainable garden.
Home Harvest in Wyndham
Sustainable Gardening Australia (SGA) has produced a booklet Home Harvest in Wyndham. The booklet has been customised for Wyndham making it relevant for our local soils, microclimates, native vegetation and local garden businesses.
Raingardens are self-watering, low maintenance gardens designed to protect our rivers and creeks, by capturing stormwater which runs off hard surfaces after it rains.