If you’ve seen a position advertised at Wyndham City that you think sounds perfect for you then follow these helpful job application tips to put your ‘best foot forward’.
Before submitting your application please ensure you familiarise yourself thoroughly with the associated Position Description (PD) attached to the vacancy details in the Career Vacancies tab.
Submitting an Application
When completing your online application you will be required to upload your cover letter and resume as one document only (MS Word or PDF format only). You will be required to address the key selection criteria (KSC) as part of your application in the web portal.
If you are experiencing technical issues submitting your application, you can send your application (should include cover letter, resume and responses to the key selection criteria as one document) to email@example.com and in the body of the email please specify the technical issue(s) you experienced.
Your cover letter is an opportunity for you to introduce yourself and describe your motivation and suitability for the position you are applying for. It should be clear, concise and reaffirms that you are the right person for the role.
Tips for your cover letter:
- include a positive, formal introduction, including details of the position you are applying for
- outline why you are interested in the role and the organisation, demonstrating how the opportunity fits into your career plans
- highlight your key skills and experiences including any transferrable skills
- end positively outlining when you will be available for interview
A resume is a summary of your skills, education and employment history. A good resume demonstrates how your skills and abilities match up with the requirements of the job you are applying for.
What to include in your resume:
- contact details – name, telephone, address and email
- history of education
- additional qualifications – list the most recent first identifying title, year awarded and Institution
- employment history - starting with your current or most recent employment
- other information – you can include hobbies, achievements and referee details