What’s on offer?
- $7,000 total prize money
- X1 $5,000
- X2 $1,000
- Opportunity to develop your entrepreneurial skills
Who is eligible?
- Wyndham City residents
- Wyndham City based students
- Wyndham City businesses
- No age limits
Wyndham City Employees, Councillors and family members are not eligible to enter.
What are we looking for?
- Business start-ups with a great idea
- Existing businesses seeking to commercialise a new product or service
- People with entrepreneurial flare who have a great business idea
What is the program?
- Four interactive workshops
- Pitch competition final
How do I enter?
A written submission outlining the key points
- What is your idea?
- How far progressed is your idea?
- Do you have a current customer base?
- What do you hope to achieve from the program?
- Do you have a website or social media page/s for your idea? (include link/s)
- Any additional supporting information
- An assessment panel will select a maximum 20 participants for the workshop sessions
- Selected 20 participants must be available to participate in all four workshops
- A final group of 10 people will then be given the opportunity to pitch and win!
Session dates and times:
- Tuesday 9 February 2021 – 8:00am-9:30am
- Monday 15 February 2021 – 8:00am – 9:30am
- Thursday 18 February 2021- 8:00am – 9:30am
- Monday 22 February 2021 – 8:00am – 9:30am
- Final Pitch Event- Friday 26 February 2021 – 9:00am- 11:00am
Setting the Scene & Purpose
In this introductory session we’ll get to know each other, and you’ll learn the ins-and-outs of the competition. We’ll dive into why you are participating and what drives you to make a difference. Creating clarity around this purpose is what will set you up for success. We’ll also introduce some tools that help turn your purpose into action.
Seeking Proof & Customer Experience
Data beats opinions every time, especially when you want to make an idea a reality. This session is all about how to create delightful customer experiences that will prove to the judges that you deserve the grand prize, and more importantly, the proof you need to see to justify your hard work.
The Art of Sales & Pitching
From elevators to $5,000 prizes, the ability to pitch your vision well can drive the success of idea. You’ll walk away from this session knowing why pitching is so important, what a good pitch looks like and how you will deliver a pitch perfect pitch.
Pitch to Peer
In this final session before the pitching competition you get to practice your pitch in front of your peers. But that the environment is safe does not mean there are no stakes. In this session you and your fellow pitchers will determine which 10 of you will get the opportunity to pitch for the grand prize.
Final Pitch Competition
Friday 26 February 2021 (9:00am- 11:00am)