Werribee City Centre
- Wyndham City
Wyndham City on 9742 0777 or email email@example.com
Bring the kids and join in the fun, with our free Winter Street Party.
See Werribee’s City Centre transformed after dark, with light installations, live music, movies, fire performances and city traders serving up warming winter treats.
Activities will be spread across four precincts: Station Place, Wedge Street Piazza, Watton Street and the Cultural Centre.
One of the highlights of the program will be Sonic Light Bubble a stunning light installation by ENESS that responds to human touch.
Station Place will also be a hub for live music, with a variety of bands performing.
Along Watton Street there will be fire performances and ice-sculpting, projections, chalk drawings, lighting installations and the beautiful Les Meduses – illuminated roving jellyfish that will float through the crowds!
Many of the businesses along Watton Street will be open late, with special activities and warming winter treats on offer, providing the perfect pit-stop for dinner or a steaming cup of hot chocolate.
Wedge Street Piazza will be buzzing with kids activities including glow in the dark face painting and lantern-making and even a little flurry of snow!
The Cultural Centre will also be screening two free family movies – Secret Life of Pets and Middle School, with a pet-themed storytime session and craft workshop in the Werribee Library.
Follow program updates via @experiencewyndham
This is a free Wyndham City event supported by the Wyndham Business and Tourism Association.
Sonic Light Bubble by ENESS
A highlight of this year’s program, this glowing inflatable dome is dotted with hundreds of LED lights and a soundscape that that responds to human touch.
Six metres in diameter and four and half metres high, this living, breathing bubble in Station Place will provide a stunning view from all angles.
Come and play!
Eat, Shop and Explore
From coffee and cake to burgers and boreks, there will be plenty of dinner options and delicious snacks to satisfy those growling tummies:
- A1 Bakery: corn on the cob and marshmallow skewers
- Ages Ristorante Pizzeria: free hot drink with meal and program
- Black Seed Café
- Bruno’s Deli & Café
- Café V
- Chatterbox Café
- D'new Mimosa: free serve of hot chips for kids under 10 and free soft drink can with $12 spend
- Fusion Ceylon: street Paella
- Hot Goss - open for dinner until 8pm
- Il Piccolo Cafe
- Mondells Patisserie: $5 cupcake decorating for kids
- Raffael’s Bar: hot drinks and sweets al fresco
- Tasty Gate
- The Park Hotel
- Tasty Gate
- Tjays Café: homemade soup with bread $5, eat in or take away
- Truck Stop Deluxe
- The Social Sutra: 25% off all dine-in meals
Pick up a snugly fleece, new winter boots or go hunting for the perfect gift:
- Aussie Disposals: 20% off storewide (excluding sale items)
- Francine Shoe Boutique
- Gift Givers Gallery: master the art of gift wrapping with free lessons
- Not Quite Right
- Sesto Shoex
- Tonia T Boutique
- Urban Rose (10% off 5pm to 7pm)
- Werribee Newsagency – Dymocks: open until 7pm
From salt therapy to silk flowers, explore some of Werribee’s hidden gems:
- Geek Republic
- Petals n Pods: live entertainment with the Dani Bowen duo
- Salon Vogue: kids’ crazy colour braiding
- Slater and Gordon: balloon artist and giveaways
- SOTE Werribee: free 15 min trial salt therapy sessions and 20% off all products
- The Gordon: course information and displays
- Werribee Football Club: meet the players, handball competition and giveaways
The line-up will include a stage show for the kids by larger than life character Mr Frost, rockabilly pop from Rosie & The Mighty Kings, a performance by the Bindaas Bollywood Dance company, country pop from Melbourne band Jeanie and a special performance by local Wyndham musician and master guitarist, Eshak Awi.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for entry into the draw for a chance to flick the switch at the Winter Street Party
- This competition is run by Wyndham City Council (‘Council’) in the state of Victoria, Australia only.
- By entering the competition, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of entry (‘conditions’). If your entry does not comply with these conditions, it will not be valid for entry into the draw.
- Entry is restricted to residents of the Wyndham municipality who are aged between 6 and 10 years old. The winner must be available from 5pm - 6pm on Friday 30 June. Council staff, Councillors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- To enter the competition you must share your little one deserves some fun on the competition post on the Experience Wyndham Facebook page between 21 June 2017 and 23 June 2017.
- Each valid entry will go into a draw to flick the switch and turn the lights on at the Winter Street Party on Friday 30 June 2017.
- Competition winners will be drawn on 23 June 2017 at Council offices and will be notified by Facebook comment on the same day. The winner is then responsible for Facebook messaging the Experience Wyndham Facebook page to organise collection of their prize
- If a winner cannot be contacted by 26 June 2017, Council may opt to conduct a redraw and the next valid entry drawn will be the winner.
- If a prize has not been claimed by 27 June 2017 the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to hold a further draw to award the unclaimed prize.
- Council’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
- Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, invalid or corrupt entries.
- You agree to Council contacting you to invite you to be photographed, and if you agree to be photographed, you consent to any such photographs being published or otherwise used by Council for future promotional activities.