Since the start of 2020, Wyndham City Arts & Culture have been working with the Wunder Gym mentor and exhibiting program virtually, online to deliver development opportunities to our Creative community.
The program is designed to encourage, and support individuals own artistic practice and aid in developing access to broader support networks and audiences.
Further benefits include:
- Interaction with the mentoring artist via the Wunder Gym community online channels and at a Q&A event that offers feedback and conversation
- a supportive creative arts community
- access to virtual exhibiting; participation in ‘select’ group shows to build artist’s CV
- promotion of the event, leveraged by its members and the mentoring artist
- an opportunity to sell their works
The current program – MAKE SOME NOISE with mentor Kait James is a collaboration between Wunder Gym and local creative co-op, RedWest. Unfortunately, the exhibition scheduled for C&H Gallery in Hoppers Crossing, has been delayed due to restrictions. Updates on this exhibition will be shared when available.
The next program for Wunder Gym is due to be announce early November 2021. Please sign up for the Arts enews for announcements.
You can view a selection of past exhibitions below:
- Lucreccia Quintanilla - Sound and Collage
- Sue Maslin Project - The Show Must Go On
- Dr. Barry York Project - Sound Arching Project
- Daine Singer – Talk to the Hand
- Tai Snaith - A Hands Full of Hen’s Teeth
- Yvette Coppersmith – The Expanded Self
- Werribee Riverkeeper John Forrester & Biological Scientist Dr Teresa Mackintosh – Cleaning Water
- Catherine Bell – Olfactory Art
- The Huxleys – Mask For Mask
- The Hotham Street Ladies – Provocative Cakes
Image credit: Transformation by Robyn Watson Photo by Samara Clifford Photography
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org