Applying to volunteer with Wyndham City is a simple and straightforward process. We offer opportunities in a range of frontline services and back office support. We only accept applications for roles listed on our website. The process for a volunteer role application is:
- Read the description of the role to ensure you understand the skills and experience we are looking for.
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Your application will be forwarded to the department recruiting volunteers.
- If your application matches the role requirements, you will be invited for an interview or informal chat with the Volunteer Supervisors. This is also a great opportunity for you to get to know a bit more about the role.
- After a successful interview, we will invite you to complete a Police Check (only if you are 18 years old, or over – no cost to you). Some roles require a Working with Children Check – we’ll confirm your card is valid, or ask you to apply for a free Volunteer card if you don’t have one
- You will attend a Council Volunteer Induction to find out more about the wider world of volunteering in a large organisation.
- The following people will not be considered for volunteer roles at Council:
- People on work placement and work experience programs
- Students undertaking volunteering as a part of the education curriculum
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Wyndham City Council. We don't have any volunteer opportunities at the moment.
There are many other organisations in our community that have volunteer opportunities, from small community groups to large not-for-profit organisations.
To find out more please look at Volunteering in the Wyndham Community page.