Planning an event in Wyndham? Our Events Planning Guide is a helpful resource to assist you to understand your obligations as an event organiser.
As the organiser of an event in Wyndham, it is your responsibility to ensure that all required permits are obtained and any relevant legislation is complied with.
The guide is designed to help you plan a safe and successful event, give you advice as to how to develop event plans of a reasonable standard, and navigate you through the necessary permit process specific to the Wyndham municipality
The Event Planning Guide covers:
Section One: Helpful Event Information
Section Two: Permits
Section Three: Safety, Risk & Emergency Management
Section Four: Event Contacts
The guide has been tailored to help all event organisers, no matter what the size, scale or nature of your event. Whether you are staging a small event for select group of people, or a ticketed major event in a high profile area, this guide will step you through the requirements relevant for your event.
Wyndham Council - Quick Links & Information
- Application Form for a Use of Public Space Permit - A Use of Public Space Permit may be required for your event or activity if it is held on public open spaces that is managed by Council.
- Application Form for an Occupancy Permit for a Place of Public Entertainment (POPE) or Application for Siting Approval – further information on how to determine if you need this permit is included in the Event Planning Guide.
- Application Form for Memorandum of Authorisation to Undertake Traffic Management Within Municipal Road Reserves - If your event impacts the normal use of roads in and around your event site, then you may need to apply for permission to temporarily change the normal use of the roadways. You must submit your application along with a Traffic Management Plan.
- Risk Assessment example - No matter the nature or size of your event, your event will have risk. It is your responsibility as the event organiser to identify and manage these risks. Event organisers can effectively manage risk by anticipating, understanding and making sensible decisions on how to manage and control risk. This process is called risk management and in order to know what risk needs to be managed a risk assessment needs to be conducted.
External - Quick Links & Information
- Guide to Holding Events - Vic – This is a fairly comprehensive guide to holding events created by Justice Connect to assist community organisations who are planning events.
- Victorian Guidelines for Planning Safe Public Events – This is a very comprehensive document created by Victoria Police to provide information to those planning public events. The document is primarily designed to support larger events from a public safety perspective but it does have information that could be valuable to organisers of any sized event.
If you have any questions about running an event in Wyndham that are not answered in these documents, please contact Wyndham City’s Events Team on 03 9742 0777 or email@example.com.