Kick back on the grass with your hamper of goodies and enjoy a free line up of music and family entertainment, lawn games and kids’ activities at Wyndham City’s FREE Children’s Week Picnic
Set in the beautiful surrounds of Werribee Park, this year’s event will feature a performance by your favourite characters from Despicable Me 3, music, food trucks and puppet-making workshops.
Activities will be spread across four zones, with a live stage program, a ‘come and try’ Healthy and Active area, a new Arts Experience Zone and a Chill Out Zone.
Kids can try their hand at lawn games, hip hop, sports activities and circus skills, create their very own puppet with Trash Puppets, trade a pre-loved toy at the Toy Swap or enjoy a ride on the carousel.
Picnics are welcome, with food trucks also serving up delicious meals and treats.
This Children’s Week event is presented by Wyndham City in partnership with the Victorian Government.
Come and dance with your favourite stars from Despicable Me 3!
- Healthy & Active Zone – Join in one of your favourite games or try a new sport – no hang-gliding allowed!
- Arts Experience Zone – This exciting new interactive space is the place to explore your creative side through play, discovery and just plain fun. Immerse yourself in busy Ant work with Polyglot Theatre, check out the camera obscura at Arts Access Victoria’s Nebula arts space or join a free hip hop workshop in Footscray Community Arts Centre’s PORTable Container.
- Chill Out Zone – All too much? Take some time out in our Chill Out Zone, a quiet and fully accessible space with breastfeeding and baby change facilities, fully accessible toilets and free drinking water.
There will be Food trucks, roving entertainment, hands-on activities, rides and so much more at Wyndham’s wonderful Children’s Week Picnic!
This is your chance to upgrade the toy box! Drop off a toy you no longer play with between 10am – 12pm and return in the afternoon between 1pm- 3pm to pick up a replacement toy.
Please remember to bring toys that are still in good working condition.
- What to Bring: Picnic rug, a hat, sunscreen, jacket, and a poncho for inclement weather. Please note there are limited shaded areas – so come prepared for rain or shine.
- Children ID Wristbands: Children’s ID wristbands can be collected at the entrance to the event to write the guardians mobile phone number on. In the event of a lost child, the Event Staff will contact the number on the wristband.
- Shuttle Bus: There will be FREE shuttle buses from Wyndham Vale Community Centre, Pacific Werribee, Youth Resource Centre, Tarneit Community Centre, Featherbrook Community Centre and Arndell Park Community Centre. Download the Shuttle Bus Service Timetable
- Activity Session Times: Due to the capacity of some activities, your favourite activity may have allocated session times. Activities will be filled on a first in basis. Details will be listed in the event day program guide.
- Breastfeeding and Baby Changing Facilities: Facilities are provided for mothers who are breastfeeding or require baby change facilities. Please see the Event Program Guide on the day for location and more information.
- Supervision: Children must be supervised at all times during the event. Please do not leave your children un-attended at an activity.
- Food: You are welcome to bring your own food and picnic into the event. A variety of hot and cold food items and drinks will also be available for purchase on the day.
- Alcohol: This is a family friendly event and therefore alcohol is not permitted.
- ATM: An ATM will be onsite for the duration of the event.
- Parking: Onsite parking is available for FREE. Please enter Werribee Park through Gate 2 on K Road, Werribee. Follow signs and parking officer instructions.
- Traffic: Due to the popularity of the Children’s Week Picnic, traffic will be heavier than usual and traffic management system will be in place. All traffic from the Princes Freeway will be diverted left onto Duncans Road and then along Diggers Road to the event site. All event traffic heading from Werribee along Duncans Road will turn right into K Road to access the event. Please follow all road and traffic detours. We appreciate your patience and suggest that you allow extra time to get to and from the event.
Got more questions about the event? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions for entry into the draw for a chance to win a Children’s Week Family Fun Pack (total value of $320).
1. This competition is run by Wyndham City Council in the state of Victoria, Australia only.
2. By entering the competition, you agree to accept these terms and conditions of entry (‘conditions’). If your entry does not comply with these conditions, it will not be valid for entry into the draw.
3. Entry is restricted to residents of the Wyndham municipality who are aged 16 years or over. If you are aged under 18 years, you must obtain your parent or guardian’s consent to enter this competition. Council may require you to provide proof of residency and/or age. Council staff, Councillors and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
4. One draw entry per person only.
5. To enter you must share your favourite thing to do with your family in Wyndham via www.facebook.com/experiencewyndham. Entries will close at 12pm on Tuesday 17 October 2017.
7. Each valid entry will go into a draw to win a Family Fun Pack including:
- WYNCITY Bowl & Entertainment Bonanza Pass for Two People valued at $100 (includes 1 Game Bowling, 1 Game Laser Tag and Choice of 1 Game of Bumper Cars, Time Freak or Mini Golf and $50 WYNCITY Restaurant Voucher)
- Village Cinema Family Experience Gift Card valued at $79 (includes 4 Movie Tickets, 4 Small Popcorns, 4 Small Drinks, 4 Small Chocolate Treats)
- Werribee Open Range Zoo: General Admission for Two Adults valued at $72
- Footscray Community Arts Centre: 1 Child and 1 Adult Pass for Toddler Workshops – Music for Toddlers ,Toddl’ Art and Preschool Circus, valued at $69
8. The Competition winner will be drawn on Tuesday 17 October 2017 at Council offices and will be notified by Facebook comment on the same day. The winner is then responsible for Facebook messaging the Experience Wyndham Facebook page to organise collection of their prize.
9. The competition winner must collect prizes from Wyndham Civic Centre, 45 Princes Hwy, Werribee during business hours. The competition winner must have proof of identification at time of collection.
10. If a winner cannot be contacted by 30 October 2017, Council may opt to conduct a redraw and the next valid entry drawn will be the winner.
11. If a prize has not been claimed by 30 October 2017 the winner will be deemed to have surrendered the prize and Council may opt to hold a further draw to award the unclaimed prize.
12. Council’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash.
14. The Competition winner is responsible for complying with prize usage terms and expiry dates.
15. Council accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, invalid or corrupt entries.
16. You agree to Council contacting you to invite you to be photographed, and if you agree to be photographed, you consent to any such photographs being published or otherwise used by Council for future promotional activities.