Werribee Mansion, K Road, Werribee South
- Wyndham City - Events Team
The annual Children’s Week Picnic is back for the 19th year and will be held on Sunday 27 October at Werribee Park.
This FREE community event is open and accessible to all and is a fun family friendly day out full of entertainment, interactive arts experiences, sporting activities, music, dancing and good times! There will also be food trucks and roving entertainers.
The event provides an opportunity for children to explore new experiences and activities in a fun, safe and family friendly setting and aims to:
- Encourage education and learning through fun and alternative activities.
- Encourage an active, healthy and safe lifestyle
- Provide children with an opportunity to discover their talents through new experiences
- Provide a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for families
- Be accessible to ALL Wyndham families
- Showcase the city of Wyndham
Entry to the picnic and all activities are FREE for visitors.
Highlights from the 2018 Children’s Week Picnic.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Tickets: This event is a FREE event, no ticket is required.
- Food: There is plenty of delicious food and beverages for purchase or you may bring your own.
- Water: A water trailer will be available for fresh drinking water throughout the event, please be sure to bring your water bottle!
- Travel: There is free parking on site and event traffic management systems will be in place. Please follow all road and traffic detours and respect traffic and parking officer’s instructions to ensure you safely arrive and exit the event. We appreciate your patience and suggest that you allow extra time to get to and from the event. There is a free shuttle bus running from Wyndham Vale and Werribee train stations, check the website closer to the time for the timetable.
- What to Bring: Picnic rug, a hat, sunscreen, jacket, and a poncho for inclement weather. Please note there are limited shaded areas – so come prepared for rain, hail or shine.
- Accessibility: We endeavour to make the Children’s Week Picnic accessible and enjoyable for all. There will be Auslan interpreters for the main stage, a fully equipped Marveloo with accessible toilet change facilities and ceiling hoist and additional accessible toilets. There is a nappy change and breastfeeding area as well as a Chill Out Zone for when things get a little too much.
- First Aid: A first Aid service will be onsite, please refer to the event program map for the location, you can pick up a map from the Information Marquee when you arrive.
- Toilets: There will be toilets located within the event site including accessible facilities.
- Exhibitors: - There will be over 30 exhibitors that you will be able to visit and engage with on the day.
- Lost Children: We encourage you to pick up an ID wristband at the entry or Information Marquee so we can quickly reunite you should you lose your child during the event. All lost children will be brought to the Information Marquee.
- ATM: An ATM will be onsite for the duration of the event.
- Event Map: Please check the website closer to the event for a detailed map/plan of the event site.
- Pets: Pets are not permitted at the Event.
- Drones: Are not permitted at the event.
- Alcohol: This is an alcohol-free event (no alcohol).
- Photographer: A Council photographer will be taking some happy snaps on the day! We’ll share these on our social media and websites. If you’re camera shy and don’t want your photo taken, just let our photographer and/or our event staff know on the day!
- Photos: Share your photos on the day... simply upload to your Facebook or Instagram account and #experiencewyndham
Interested in sponsorship?
Wyndham City is home to some of the most vibrant events in the West, and part of a diverse events calendar that keeps the coast, country and the city buzzing with life for every season.
With our large and loyal community, supporting local events provides invaluable marketing opportunities that have a proven capability to increase business stimulation and perception.
To celebrate our community’s diversity, Wyndham City Council’s Events team dedicate themselves to producing unique and engaging events that appeal to the broader community. We welcome all expressions of interest from businesses who wish to get involved with these events and utilise this unique platform to express their own brands.
We can offer a range of marketing and sales opportunities throughout our Event Season to maximise your partnership, with one of our set packages or a tailored package designed to suit your business needs.
For more information please contact the Events team on 9742 0902 or email@example.com