Wyndham City wants to make it easy and safe for our residents to get from A to B. We’re improving our network for people who want to walk and ride and providing better access for people using wheelchairs, scooters and prams.
We need streets that are safe and accessible for everyone. These upgrades will create a connected network of safe, easy transport options for our community.
Why is this important?
Our Active Transport program will deliver benefits to the whole community, including:
- Safe and accessible streets for people of all abilities
- People feel safer when walking and riding
- Fewer physical and design barriers for people walking, riding and accessing public transportation
- Better access to environmentally-friendly ways to get around
- Helping families stay healthy and spend quality time together
- Reducing on-road traffic congestion
Find out more about our plan Active Transport Video 21/22.