Imagination Creation Young Writers competition is for young writers all over the world!
Enter stories or poems on any topic for your chance to win.
Story & Poetry sections
10 years & under
- First Prize $100
- Second Prize $50
11 - 14 years
- First Prize $120
- Second Prize $60
15 - 18 years
- First Prize $150
- Second Prize $70
Wyndham Local Awards: Four prizes of $50 chosen from Wyndham residents’ entries
Sherryl Clark Award: Chosen from all entries, by judges discretion. $100
The competition closes at midnight 31 May 2018.
Imagination Creation Young Writers Group at Werribee Library
Do you love to get creative with words? Join the Imagination Creation Young Writers.
Share inspiration and creativity with other young writers in a relaxed, social environment and get writing tips from published author Margaret Campbell. The group meets at Werribee Library from 4:30pm to 5:30pm.
2017 Imagination Creation Competition Results
Congratulations to all the winners of the 2017 Imagination Creation writing competition!
Download a copy of World of Imagination to read the winning stories and poetry from young writers in Wyndham and around the world.
Guidelines for Entry
- Stories, poems and illustrations must be the author’s original work and unpublished at the time of entry.
- Stories and poems can be on any topic.
- Suggested word length:
- 15-18 – up to 3000 words
- 11-14 – up to 2000 words
- 10 & under – up to 1000 words
- Entries may be typed or clearly written on A4 paper.
- Entries may be submitted online here or delivered to any branch of Wyndham City Libraries
- Names should appear on entry forms only. No names to appear on entries.
- Entries will not be returned.
- Winners only will be notified.
- Multiple entries will be accepted.
- Results will be published on the Libraries website at www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/services/libraries
Personal information collected here will be stored by Wyndham City Council and used only for the purposes of the Imagination Creation Writing Competition, awards night and anthology publication. Information will not be disclosed to a third party.