Seniors Festival Grant Funding Open
Wyndham City is running a Grants Program to celebrate the Victorian Seniors Festival 2021. Wyndham City has a small pool of funding to support some innovative, inclusive community events or ideas to celebrate healthy ageing. The maximum funding amount per application is $500 for individuals and unincorporated groups or $1,000 for non-profit entities. Partnerships are encouraged.
If you have a great idea to celebrate Seniors Festival 2021 in October, we want to hear from you!
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Come and Try…
- Showcase/Introduce Your Culture
- Concert or Performance
- Drawing or writing competition
- Arts & Crafts
- Active Living Activity
- Exercise Your Mind Activity
- Demonstrate/Share Technology
Round opens: 10am,Thursday 1 April 2021
Closing date: 3pm, Friday 28 May 2021
Individual Associations (up to $500)
Incorporated Associations (Up to $1000)
For further information please contact:
Ph: (03) 9742 0777
The Victorian Seniors Festival celebrates the inspiring contribution of older Victorians and runs throughout October 2021.
Wyndham City has a small amount of funding available to support some innovative and inclusive community events or projects. We are encouraging the local community to take the lead in delivering a series of community-based events/projects that celebrate Seniors Festival 2021.
The maximum funding amount per application is $500 for individuals and unincorporated groups or $1000 for non-profit entities.
Applications and Decisions
The Grant funding round is open to any individual or group of individuals, community group, and non-profit entity within Wyndham.
Applications must be received by 3pm Friday 18th June 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Successful applicants will be notified by email and phone call by Friday 16th July 2021.
Decisions are final and no further discussions or correspondence will be entered into. Wyndham City staff reserve the right to reject applications that do not meet the selection criteria or are deemed to be offensive or unsafe.
- Applications must be received by 3pm Friday 28 May 2021
- Applications must not exceed $500 for individuals and unincorporated groups or $1000 for non-profit entities. If you are an individual or unincorporated group, you may apply through an auspice organisation.
- If holding an event, it must take place in October 2021. If delivering a project, timeframes can be negotiated, but the project must have a focus around October 2021. In the event of further COVID restrictions or unforeseen circumstances, timeframes can be reconsidered in negotiation with the Council Officer.
- If holding an event, you must have read Council’s Event Planning Guide. Available at: https://www.wyndham.vic.gov.au/services/local-laws-permits/laws-permits-businesses/event-planning-guide
- Your event/project must follow COVID-safe guidelines. A COVID-Safe plan may be requested. When planning your event/project, please consider venue capacity in line with COVID safety restrictions at the time of delivery.
- Your event/project must relate to Seniors Festival.
- Your event/project must take place in Wyndham.
- You must consider venue and associated costs prior to application. A venue will not be provided to you.
- Your event must be open to anyone. Funding will not be considered for exclusive activities.
- Funding will not be provided to any club/organisation in receipt of gains from Electronic Gaming Machines. Preference will be given to applicants whose chosen venue does not support Electronic Gaming Machines.
- Preference will be given to applications that show value for money.
- Preference will be given to applications that show partnerships.
- Preference will be given to applications that show sustainability or long term goals.
- Preference will be given to applications that seek to strengthen and involve local communities, aim to reduce social isolation and are inclusive and open to anyone.
- Preference will be given to applications that promote healthy eating/physical activity.
- If an event involves food preparation, a temporary food permit may be required. Please ensure you meet with Food Safety regulations. For further information please contact Wyndham City Health Department on (03) 9742 0777.